WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Can anyone help a Hurt and homeless dog near flint shelter

Found this over in Reddit.......Sorry if this is a dumb question - I'm not from the U.S, So I don't know how this is normally dealt with. There's a homeless guy that goes by the name 'Nameless', who walks around in a robe and plants stuff at the shelters. He's clearly a bit insane, but seems to be harmless, and friendly enough. The only thing is, his dog (a ten year old boxer) is absolutely stick thin and has a severely injured leg. I think that this dog isn't getting enough food and is being made to walk on an injured leg - and I think something needs to be done. Is there anyone I can turn to to report this? I last saw him at Flint Mountain Shelter yesterday morning (30 miles south of Erwin - I've not had phone signal since there), so at the speed he was going he is probably at Bald Mountain Shelter now.

Images

ALRIGHT PEOPLE OF ERWIN OR NEARBY OR TRAIL ANGELS WITH dog food he should be walking into Erwin Friday night give or take.

(I last saw him on Monday morning at Flint Mountain Shelter. He and his dog hike through the night (1 a.m onwards) and always seem to go one shelter north. My assumption is that now they are about to head north from Hogback Ridge to Bald Mountain Shelter. I saw him in the evening at one shelter, then I headed on one further and saw him in the morning, then spent a day hiking to the next shelter, where in the morning I saw him again. So I've seen him at three shelters. Although now I'm in Erwin I doubt I'll see him again as I'm doing a 16 tomorrow.)

Crazy homeless dude hiking at night with a dog and they're in the Erwin area...I think I'll pass thanks.

Just call the white jackets on this dude.Seems to me like he is bat**** crazy.Poor dog.

A hiker named nameless, hiking only after 1am in a robe? Planting stuff? At shelters are you for real? Maybe the humane Society for that area and yes separate yourself as much as possible from this person please.

++ New Posts ++