WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lone star tic......

The lone star tic, is alive and prevalent!! I live in north wv. And I guy I work with sent me a picture of a tic attached to him looking very much like the lone star tic I told him to get to urgent care..... sure enough lone star tic.... thanks for your knowledge no problem starting antibiotics....

I had a Lone Star tic once upon a time, but I think it was fromdricingI-635 during rush hour.:-)

He picked it up from his yard he thinks been no where else... I just want every body to be aware the lone star tic is alive and ready to attack in this area of north wv.

My wife picked a dead one off one of the dogs a week or two ago. We are in southern Ohio.
    More walking, less talking.

I'm sorry we're in northern Virginia, Harper's ferry area it's been a long week whew... we carpool and he dropped me off yesterday before I got home he's sending me a picture of a tic attached to him asking me what it is as soon as seen that little dot on it's back I told him to get to urgent care. The lady at urgent care didn't know what it was never heard of it.. but anyway I felt compelled to inform everybody permihtem up!!!

I'm in Georgia. They are everywhere. permitherin inside and outside your clothes. Better yet soak 'em.

Journal Entries

Lone star tick doesnt transmit lyme.

It could transmit the alpha-gal meat allergy, but theres no prophylaxis for that

Correct but that would suck to be allergic to red meat, I'm cooking hamburgers right now for breakfast. 👍

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    Correct but that would suck to be allergic to red meat, I'm cooking hamburgers right now for breakfast. 
    It would suck to be allergic to this ..

IMG_20190430_182357447.jpg

Apparently, people can recover from the alpha gal allergy, so doesnt have to be permanent.

Wow, nice break out the vacuum sealer, unless you're really hungry! I'm totally out of pork and down to 1 chuck roast and 5lbs. Burger presently going to the butcher probably next week and put my order in 1/2 beef and 1/2 hog.

When I lived in Texas back in the 1960s I developed a noticeable facial Tic---a twitching of the face muscles. Me and Skater know what we're talking about.

But if you're talking about TICKS, well, that's a different subject.

Love the white blaze comedians;you should go on tour.

Yeah my bad , that's subject at hand. And I didn't know that that it could be cured ,that's good to know a bite from a lone star TICK!! Lol.

I've been bitten by one and developed the Alpha G.A.L. allergy to meat and pork. It sent me to the ER with a severe allergy reaction before it was diagnosed. In the years since, I have been able to tolerate small amounts of meat/pork so it does improve with time, for me at least.

That sounds awful......damn. Is transmission fast or does it average 2-3 days like lyme?

Good lord. I'm getting ready to spray the permitherin and was debating doing sports bras & undies or if just pants shirts and socks were good enough. I'm doing everything. I hate all ticks with a passion.

Journeyman Journeyer
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by KimShea View Post
    Good lord. I'm getting ready to spray the permitherin and was debating doing sports bras & undies or if just pants shirts and socks were good enough. I'm doing everything. I hate all ticks with a passion.
    I have heard it recommended to not treat underwear. Only use on outerwear.

Yeah I wasn't really sure about that either. I've never done it before, but I'm extra freaked out this year for some reason. I won't, but I feel like I should just take a bath in it.

Quote Originally Posted by KimShea View Post
    I was wearing shorts when I was bitten. My shoes, socks, shirt, and shorts were treated. My legs were not. I do not wear shorts when hiking in the summer anymore. I tuck my pant legs into my socks when hiking in tick season. Yes, it's a little warmer but I haven't been bitten by another tick.

Quote Originally Posted by C4web88 View Post
    That sounds awful......damn. Is transmission fast or does it average 2-3 days like lyme?
    I noticed within two weeks after getting bit. I ate a burger and started itching about 4-5 hour after. I had been doing some yard work earlier in the day and thought I might have rubbed up against an oleander I had in the yard. A week later I grilled up an awesome organic burger for dinner and woke up very early the next morning with my face/neck swelled up and covered in hives. I knew what was happening and drove to the ER. My family doc ordered a allergy panel and meat/pork were at the top of the bad list.
    Last edited by martinb; 05-20-2019 at 14:38.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++