WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Tuxedo Motel in Southfield NY

Just stayed here at the end of last month. The place is clean, reasonably priced (50$ per night), has comfortable double beds and a hot shower. Cable TV and you can order for delivery from either Chinese or Italian restaurants. Sal, the owner/manager is very nice and accommodating. About 2 miles east of the AT crossing at NY17 entering Harriman State Park.
    "Sea Eagle"

There is no need to road walk there, either. Take the mostly levelabandoned road/ trail south from The Elk Pen to the pedestrian bridge across The NY Thruway to Southfield. There are several routes from Southfield to rejoin the AT a bit further north, if you prefer.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

I stayed at the Tuxedo Motel last year. The motel is in the middle of nowhere. It's also off the main road and you have to climb a steep side road to get to it.

I tried to order from both the Italian and Chinese restaurants and both told me they would not deliver to the motel because it was too far away unless I had a really big order (the Italian restaurant said $50). Did the OP actually order and receive food from either of the restaurants? I would be interested to know.

I tried to get an Uber into the next town for dinner, but although it showed Ubers in the area, when I booked the trip, they disappeared and cancelled the ride. I ended up eating at the gas station convenience store down the road a bit both nights I was there (took a zero day).

Nevertheless, the owner is super nice. He did my laundry for me, which was a big help.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

I just saw this last post. I did in fact order from the Chinese restaurant. They quoted me a minimum of 20.00 which I used for 2 meals. The delivery was prompt and accurate. If I remember right there were flyers in the room for several Italian restaurants. One looked pretty high-end; maybe you called that one?
    "Sea Eagle"

++ New Posts ++