WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Journal Entries

I can think of 3 reasons

If i was a betting man, i know which i would doubledown on too.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    I can think of 3 reasons

If i was a betting man, i know which i would doubledown on too.
    Yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s bad news.

I agree. Why haven't they said anything about his condition? It's very odd. Even if he has died, why hide this from the public? But if he hasn't died then even more, why not tell us? This whole situation has been very weirdly addressed.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spotter View Post
    I agree. Why haven't they said anything about his condition? It's very odd. Even if he has died, why hide this from the public? But if he hasn't died then even more, why not tell us? This whole situation has been very weirdly addressed.
    Sometimes releasing details publicy too soon can compromise the prosecutions case, or suspects confession
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 05-11-2019 at 23:58.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spotter View Post
    One possibility, because the next-of-kin deserve to get the news directly from the authorities and not from newscasts. This process takes time. Since the assailant has apparently been captured, the public can patiently wait for more information to come.
    “For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
    the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier

Images

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    One possibility, because the next-of-kin deserve to get the news directly from the authorities and not from newscasts. This process takes time. Since the assailant has apparently been captured, the public can patiently wait for more information to come.
    I agree to some extent, it's just that normally authorities would still give the medical status after revealing that there was another person injured, without naming him until next-of-kin had been notified, if that is the case here. That may indeed be complicated by people on the trail knowing who was where, who was hiking with the also unnamed female victim, etc. But while the public should indeed be patient about some details, they also have a right to know the extent and severity of a crime.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    . If his injuries, like hers, were treated or not life threatening, why the silence?

it's HIPPA rules.....

some patients can be listed as a "no information"..

meaning good or bad----their conditions cannot be given out.....

it's up to the family usually to decide......

or sometimes a law enforcement officer gives it out without thinking...

we (my newsroom) deals with this on pretty much a daily basis.....

Images

and as others have mentions----there is other factors as well....

thanks for posting the updates....
    it's been confirmed on numerous news outlets

https://www.wjhl.com/local/1-dead-an...ult/1997583055

So the other victim did not survive. Very sad.

Journal Entries

Yes.
    The interesting thing, is it was about where the hikers from previous incident might be expected to be 20 days later.... 3am seems an unusual time to happen to get into personal conflicts, even for unstable people. Man and woman were alone..she walked miles for help...so suspect was night hiking it seems. He borrowed flashlight from tent somewhere, threatened other hikers. Seemed to be having an episode of sorts, ie breakdown i would say.

Police previously said it was related to previous incident. They didnt name suspect at time, or even say it was same suspect. Might have just been way of hinting it was.

Coincidence? Maybe.
    But if looking for a trigger for an unstable person, encountering persons that previously got him arrested, imprisoned, fined might just do it.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 05-12-2019 at 13:18.

Condolences to the family and friends of both victims. How tragic and horrible.

Police previously said it was related to previous incident. They didnt name suspect at time, or even say it was same suspect. Might have just been way of hinting it was.
    Coincidence? Maybe.
    But if looking for a trigger for an unstable person, encountering persons that previously got him arrested, imprisoned, fined might just do it.
    Do you have a link to an article where the police say it was related to a previous incident? The only thing I have been able to find is that the police said the suspect threatened people on the AT last month in Unicoi County, but didn’t say the incidents were related (other than the same suspect).

Quote Originally Posted by gpburdelljr View Post
    Do you have a link to an article where the police say it was related to a previous incident? The only thing I have been able to find is that the police said the suspect threatened people on the AT last month in Unicoi County, but didn’t say the incidents were related (other than the same suspect).
    Virtually all of the coverage I've seen and read said that.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by gpburdelljr View Post
    I believe that they are saying it's related because the suspect is the same person, James Jordan, trail name Sovereign, that was accused of attacking hikers back in Unicoi Cty, TN, but plead to lesser charges, several weeks ago. There has been no info either way yet if the current victims previously had contact with him.

Journal Entries

I believe that they are saying it's related because the suspect is the same person, James Jordan, trail name Sovereign, that was accused of attacking hikers back in Unicoi Cty, TN, but plead to lesser charges, several weeks ago. There has been no info either way yet if the current victims previously had contact with him.
    They did not name suspect or say it was same person in statements though.

That’s my understanding, too.

Here's an article I found through a Google search. I have no information on the source (whether or not it is reliable).

https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/james-jordan-sovereign/

ET

Journal Entries
    Images

The interesting thing, is it was about where the hikers from previous incident
    Sad incident indeed!! I was wondering if this man was provoked in some way to make him hunt down these particular hikers or if this was a total random event & these two victims were in the wrong place at the wrong time? I would like to know the details from that bubble to see how this actually played out.
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ETtrailrunner View Post
    Here's an article I found through a Google search. I have no information on the source (whether or not it is reliable).

https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/james-jordan-sovereign/

ET

everything is this link is information from other sources....

nothing new nor did the website actually do any research other than clipping and pasting....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++