WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Spam and cheese (or pepperoni and peanut butter) on a tortilla

Images

In WV we have Pepperoni Rolls. It's a bread roll stuffed with pepperoni and sometimes cheese. If you don't have them in your area google the recipe. You can use frozen bread dough, or frozen dinner rolls instead of making dough. Thaw the dough, punch about a 3-4" circle about 1/2" thick, put in pepperoni and cheese, roll, and bake. Using pepperoni cut into sticks or sliced is a matter of preference.

Bag them up and throw them in the pack. Easy lunch or snack. They'll keep for several days.
    "Är huvudet dumt får kroppen lida."

Translated - "If the head is dumb the body suffers."

I learned to slow down and eat when I was on the Mont Blanc Trek because the Europeans really know how to relax and enjoy the view and their meals, whilst still doing the mileage. My take on lunch is cold soaked Couscous in a talenti jar. I take packages of Near East Couscous and dump it into my quart size freezer bags for later. I take one out for the day, which I keep in the side pocket of my pack. I also carry a fanny pack that includes a roll of NUUN electrolytes, protein bars (usually Kind, Larabar and/or Luna) and two packets of GU gel. When I stop for a snack around mid morning, I prepare my lunch by pouring the content of the freezer bag into my talenti jar and adding cold water. If the day is cool, I just keep it in my mesh pocket. I prefer eating lunch with a view. I stop, add a bit of salt, a few drops of my hot sauce and olive oil and yummy meal to go is ready for the eating. Happy trails!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++