WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 19E/Roan Parking

Will be doing Hot Springs to 19E beginning next Friday! Was originally planning to go all the way to Damascus, however, work priorities are cutting my trip a bit short.

Anyhoo, looks like Mountain Harbour has a very nice fenced in grass lot. Only problem they are $10/day and I'm looking at about a 10 day trip. I plan to call to see if they offer a long-term discount.

Just wondering what others have done for parking in this area. Also, if you've used MH for parking, how was it?
    It is what it is.

Parking at MH is a very solid insurance policy if you are worried about vandalism. I personally do not worry about vandalism and in 62 trips have not had any issues(4 of those trips flying though). Last time I parked at MH it was $5 but that was a few years ago. There is parking on the side of the road at the AT 19E intersection but it is not a parking lot per say. If you could extend your trip to Dennis Cove there is good paring there as well.
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Cool

Never mind.

Last edited by Venchka; 04-25-2019 at 17:03.
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Journal Entries
    Images

Exclamation Just to clarify

https://www.mountainharbour.info/parking

Mountain Harbour charges $2 a day if you use one of their shuttles, $10 a day if you don't.

Journal Entries

I wouldnt park anywhere but MH there. Makes no sense. Use their shuttle, eat their breakfast, nothing simpler.

I actually have a free ride to Hot Springs, so it would be full price parking for me, unfortunately.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    I wouldnt park anywhere but MH there. Makes no sense. Use their shuttle, eat their breakfast, nothing simpler.
    Got to pay to play.

There's always that "other" hostel....

I hear someone from there hangsout at the trailhead ...... So getting back to car should be easy.... just ask for the great breakfast.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 04-25-2019 at 20:27.

Free secure parking at The Station at 19e. If you CALL me I will be happy to come down and pick you up at the trailhead. If someone at the trailhead ask me if I have breakfast during the bubble then I would have to not lie and tell them yes we do serve breakfast. If it is off season then we give a free shuttle to Smoky Mountain Bakers for an awesome breakfast. http://www.roanmountainshuttle.com

++ New Posts ++