Default 19E/Roan Parking

Will be doing Hot Springs to 19E beginning next Friday! Was originally planning to go all the way to Damascus, however, work priorities are cutting my trip a bit short.

Anyhoo, looks like Mountain Harbour has a very nice fenced in grass lot. Only problem they are $10/day and I'm looking at about a 10 day trip. I plan to call to see if they offer a long-term discount.

Just wondering what others have done for parking in this area. Also, if you've used MH for parking, how was it?
    While searching for that unknown edge in life, never forget to look home. For the greatest edge you can find in life is to stand in the protective shadow of those who love you.

Parking at MH is a very solid insurance policy if you are worried about vandalism. I personally do not worry about vandalism and in 62 trips have not had any issues(4 of those trips flying though). Last time I parked at MH it was $5 but that was a few years ago. There is parking on the side of the road at the AT 19E intersection but it is not a parking lot per say. If you could extend your trip to Dennis Cove there is good paring there as well.

Cool

Never mind.

Last edited by Venchka; 04-25-2019 at 17:03.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline."
    Frank Zappa
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com

Journal Entries
    Images

Exclamation Just to clarify

https://www.mountainharbour.info/parking

Mountain Harbour charges $2 a day if you use one of their shuttles, $10 a day if you don't.

Journal Entries

I wouldnt park anywhere but MH there. Makes no sense. Use their shuttle, eat their breakfast, nothing simpler.
    "Inevitably, a long distance hiker must choose between travelling light, and not travelling at all." - Earl V. Shaffer

I actually have a free ride to Hot Springs, so it would be full price parking for me, unfortunately.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    I wouldnt park anywhere but MH there. Makes no sense. Use their shuttle, eat their breakfast, nothing simpler.
    Got to pay to play.

There's always that "other" hostel....

I hear someone from there hangsout at the trailhead ...... So getting back to car should be easy.... just ask for the great breakfast.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 04-25-2019 at 20:27.
    "Inevitably, a long distance hiker must choose between travelling light, and not travelling at all." - Earl V. Shaffer

++ New Posts ++