WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Heads up: discounted WM bags

Hey folks, CampSaver.com is having a 30% off sale on 479 select gear items with the coupon code: TAKEITALL
    26 of those 479 items are Western Mountaineering sleeping bags, which are often excluded from such sales(and what makes it notable to me). In some cases there are just 1 or 2 left in different sizes...
    Lots of Osprey and Marmot stuff, too, even Hilleberg tents.

Other categories, clothing, etc. are also on sale, but this is the gear link:

https://www.campsaver.com/u-cs-spcem...ff-gear3.html?

Nice find! I can't remember the last time WM was on a decent sale anywhere.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    Nice find! I can't remember the last time WM was on a decent sale anywhere.
    About five years ago by my recollection and that was only because the company was getting rid of bags that had minor cosmetic defects.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Great tip! Thank You. I'm all stocked up on WM bags but I ended up buying Hilleberg Enan at a 30% discount! Thanks! :-)
    Let me go

Seems reasonable. They have tons of WM and Hilleberg on there for sale. You can grab a brand new first quality Summerlite for $300, or a Keron 3 for about $766. Not bad at all.

Journal Entries

Limited to certain models/sizes in stock only.

For instance, it applies to versalite short, does not to regular which must be backordered. Get a prohibited by mfg message.

Possibly, if they quit carrying or stocking a mode they are allowed to put discount.

Thanks for this!
    I got the very last WM PUMA MF regular for 657.83 shipped!!!

Not applicable to a long Alpinlite or Terralite. And so the search continues....
    It is what it is.

Man, thanks for the heads-up! Been looking for a deal on a WM bag forever; just pulled the trigger on a Megalite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Damn you.

Bought a Megalite.

It took a lot of willpower to resist this one. I want one, but really dont NEED one... But one heck of a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by soumodeler View Post
    I want one, but really dont NEED one...
    Me either. But I planned to buy one in the future to replace my BA 15* (which is really a 30* for me). So I saved a future $140!

Posted this for everyone else, and ended up getting new bag envy from the replies
    My summer quilt kinda sucks, and I'd already been wanting a replacement whose quality was on par with my Palisade, so...Everlite

Good for you we are here as our own “support group” because try to explain “bag envy” around the watercooler at work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me go

Oh, my coworkers know. Everybody knows!
    I'm really sorry for costing y'all so much money, though

Images

The good news is that WM bags can be easily sold for more than 70% of their "normal" cost. I've owned five WM bags over the last 20 years, down to two now, the ones I sold were moderately to heavily used, but still as good as new, and were sold easily when I had no further need for them. I think the least I got was for a 18 year old Puma, about 60% of what I paid for it, and I sold it to a friend for less than I could have gotten. The other two sold for about 75-80% of retail. So, buy away, and re-sell later if you don't actually need it!

Thanks. I bought an Everlite.

FYI: When I checked out at Campor's website, the coupon code would not go through due to a "Manufacturers Restriction." If this happens to you, call CampSaver (877-883-6276). They will have you complete the transaction. Then you give them the order number and they will manually adjust the receipt (and your credit card charge) and email it to you.

timely sale, picked up a megalite

Default Heads up: discounted WM bags

Furthermore after my order I received a $50 gift certificate. I just applied it to a $90 order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by T.S.Kobzol; 04-26-2019 at 19:00.
    Let me go

Images

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    The good news is that WM bags can be easily sold for more than 70% of their "normal" cost. I've owned five WM bags over the last 20 years, down to two now, the ones I sold were moderately to heavily used, but still as good as new, and were sold easily when I had no further need for them. I think the least I got was for a 18 year old Puma, about 60% of what I paid for it, and I sold it to a friend for less than I could have gotten. The other two sold for about 75-80% of retail. So, buy away, and re-sell later if you don't actually need it!
    A lot of people have an aversion to buying used sleeping bags. Cooties maybe? Seriously, some people just can't imagine buying something that someone else slept in. Maybe dead skin, sweat, and other bodily stuff? But realistically, nothing a down wash can't cure. I think many are also probably afraid of private online transactions as well, especially outside of the protection of ebay, etc. It's their loss. Many times used hiking gear is barely used. And even if it is, people tend to take really good care of expensive gear. While it's possible people might be willing to pay 75% or even 80% of retail for premium used gear, I'd say a more realistic used price is in the 50% to 70% range, and on the low side of that range for "short" length bags.
    Last edited by 4eyedbuzzard; 04-27-2019 at 06:28.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++