Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 308
  1. #1

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-19-2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,913
    Images
    3

    Default

    yeah....

    thats my station where i work...

    its been all oover all the knoxville stations and other places.....

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    yeah....

    thats my station where i work...

    its been all oover all the knoxville stations and other places.....
    i was surprised you hadn’t already posted something.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-19-2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,913
    Images
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    i was surprised you hadn’t already posted something.


    yeah....

    wasnt really into it.....

    this one just sounds weird to me.....

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-19-2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,913
    Images
    3

    Default

    and this is why it sounded weird to me....

    updated story...........

    no machete....


    https://wlos.com/news/local/hikers-a...making-threats

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    and this is why it sounded weird to me....

    updated story...........

    no machete....


    https://wlos.com/news/local/hikers-a...making-threats
    Lol...just saw it.

    that’s why I used quotes around Armed and Dangerous.


    geez, I better not hike with my fiddle. I often take it in businesses with me when it’s too hot to leave in the car. One day someone’s gonna think I have a weapon.
    Last edited by Traffic Jam; 04-22-2019 at 18:35.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-01-2013
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iceaxe56 View Post
    This nutcase should’nt be hard to find...Jeez how ****ty an it get when you can’t even hike without some nut ruining it.Someone needs to cap this guy and quick.
    So... ? Is this what they mean by "rush to judgment"?

  8. #8
    Wanna-be hiker trash
    Join Date
    03-05-2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,832
    Images
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    Lol...just saw it.

    that’s why I used quotes around Armed and Dangerous.


    geez, I better not hike with my fiddle. I often take it in businesses with me when it’s too hot to leave in the car. One day someone’s gonna think I have a weapon.
    You’ll be fine as long as you don’t play wagon wheel.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

  9. #9
    Registered User rmitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-13-2011
    Location
    Knoxville,Tn
    Age
    63
    Posts
    353
    Images
    4

    Default

    Well, Chet Atkins did call his guitar a "yakety axe".

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iceaxe56 View Post
    This nutcase should’nt be hard to find...Jeez how ****ty an it get when you can’t even hike without some nut ruining it.Someone needs to cap this guy and quick.
    Sounds like we have a badass here.

  11. #11

    Default

    This sounds like a lot of peevish paranoia to me, what ever happened to "mind your own business" and "forgive and forget"?

    I've never seen such judgmental, intolerant and overly jaundiced hair trigger reactions as exists especially around the AT. Unless you fit into the "good" stereotypes that get left alone, you could easily be wrongly branded and stigmatized by people and reported. Life is full of thousands of types of people, why are people so quick to judge and report stuff?
    Last edited by greenmtnboy; 04-23-2019 at 10:23.


  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenmtnboy View Post
    This sounds like a lot of peevish paranoia to me, what ever happened to "mind your own business" and "forgive and forget"?

    I've never seen such judgmental, intolerant and overly jaundiced hair trigger reactions as exists in the south especially around the AT. Unless you fit into the "good" stereotypes that get left alone, you could easily be wrongly branded and stigmatized by people and reported. Life is full of thousands of types of people, why are people so quick to judge and report stuff?
    I agree that people can be unfairly judged. Including how you are currently judging me.

    As the OP, I felt I was non-judgmentally passing on interesting information. Information that was originally published in a (normally) credible news source... which has been done thousands of times on WB. Specifically, I kept thinking about the group of people who were held at gun point at a shelter a few years back. And given that I normally backpack alone, it is info that I would want to have.

    BTW, I have already requested this thread to be deleted.

  13. #13

    Default

    Oh wait...I did judge a little when I saw the dog dragging his lead behind him. I thought, dang, that can’t be comfortable for the dog.

  14. #14
    MuddyWaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-05-2011
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    9,795
    Journal Entries
    1

    Default

    So, inquiring minds want to know how he got reported to have threatened people with a shovel and a machete...


    But yet when the police talked to him they came away and said he didn't do anything.
    "Inevitably, a long distance hiker must choose between travelling light, and not travelling at all." - Earl V. Shaffer

  15. #15

    Default

    People can get spooked. Years ago I met a fellow with a machete on the Wonderland Trail, with gear that was not the usual. The other people at the campsite were really freaked out, although he had said or done nothing at all threatening. Had a short chat with him that raised no red flags. He lacked a permit, and was escorted up a long climb to the trail head by a ranger. I wonder what story the other hikers told afterwards.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

  16. #16

  17. #17

    Default

    It's easy to mistake a cathole trowel for a shovel.... and machetes are commonly mistaken for guitars. TSA has a heck of a time with that.

  18. #18

    Default

    Jailed with charges. Guy with little money needs a lawyer, hopefully he has a family member that will come to his aid. The guy was on a schedule 6 drug. https://discoveryplace.info/legal/drug-laws-tennessee/ That may be pot. What happens to the dog? He is a sick person needing help more than a dangerous criminal. I guess we can all sleep more soundly knowing dangerous people like "sovereign" is no longer a free man.


  19. #19
    Registered User John B's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-04-2005
    Location
    .......................
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenmtnboy View Post
    Jailed with charges. Guy with little money needs a lawyer, hopefully he has a family member that will come to his aid. The guy was on a schedule 6 drug. https://discoveryplace.info/legal/drug-laws-tennessee/ That may be pot. What happens to the dog? He is a sick person needing help more than a dangerous criminal. I guess we can all sleep more soundly knowing dangerous people like "sovereign" is no longer a free man.
    Would you be ok with it if he were wandering around your neighborhood?

  20. #20
    Registered User JPritch's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-03-2017
    Location
    Lynchburg, VA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenmtnboy View Post
    This sounds like a lot of peevish paranoia to me, what ever happened to "mind your own business" and "forgive and forget"?

    I've never seen such judgmental, intolerant and overly jaundiced hair trigger reactions as exists in the south especially around the AT. Unless you fit into the "good" stereotypes that get left alone, you could easily be wrongly branded and stigmatized by people and reported. Life is full of thousands of types of people, why are people so quick to judge and report stuff?
    Way to judge the entire South there buddy. Congrats!
    While searching for that unknown edge in life, never forget to look home. For the greatest edge you can find in life is to stand in the protective shadow of those who love you.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •