WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default looking for a loop

Im looking for a loop trail (as i would prefer to end where I start) about 25 miles in length, say two nights, anywhere from asheville south as Im coming from florida. I would like to avoid the AT as much as possible as I would like to avoid crowds. Also not into shelters. Ive done Standing Indian loop so which was great so anything similar would be awesome. Any suggestions? Im leaving this Friday the 12th.

El Sordo
    Images

The Standing Indian Loop is perfect. Park at the backcountry kiosk. Hike up the Kimsey Creek trail to Deep Gap. Hike north on the trail to Glassmine Gap and take the Longbranch Trail back to your car. 22.5 miles. 3 shelters. ample water. Excellent views in clear weather. Check out the fire tower on Albert Mtn.
    Dyslexics Untie!

If you are able to orient yourself in an unblazed wilderness, there are several loop possibilities in the Cohutta Wilderness in northern Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by skater View Post
    If you are able to orient yourself in an unblazed wilderness, there are several loop possibilities in the Cohutta Wilderness in northern Georgia.
    I was gonna mention the Big Frog/Cohutta area---and it's closer to Florida. Big Frog alone has several great loops for a two night trip---and of course Cohutta has many outstanding loops like Beech Bottom to Jacks--cross over to Rough Ridge---merge with East Cowpen---come down Panther Creek---cross Conasauga---go north on Hickory Creek---take Rice Camp down to Jacks and Cross---exit back to Beech Bottom.

might I suggest you get a trails map of the area near you and figure out some loops. trails are not usually the only trail in the area, there are usually multiple trails in each area.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

++ New Posts ++