WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Jules & Shane - SOBO to Waynesboro

Late yesterday afternoon I met Jules and Shane at the Tom Floyd Shelter. They're from the UK and are "hiking 100 miles for charity in 8 days" starting in Front Royal. They're novice AT hikers and had left the Hwy 522 trailhead that morning. They left the shelter at 1600 to get water from the Indian River Spring and planned to camp near there last night. They should get to Waynesboro on April 6th, where they're getting a ride to VA Beach. Let me know if you see them. They're hard to miss - they both have strong British accents and are carrying 60+ liter packs. I don't think they planned to re-supply along the way.

I found Jules & Shane just south of Elk Wallow yesterday afternoon standing beside Skyline Drive looking kind of lost. They needed to resupply so I took them into Luray. Jules had planned to resupply at the Elk Wallow Wayside, but they don't open for the season until April 8th. They picked up what they needed at Shopper's Value, and I dropped them off at the Panorama rest area. I'm sure they many more adventures ahead on their way to Waynesboro.

++ New Posts ++