WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: mcD on trail?

When I was a kid my Dad would drive us to Carol’s (An early days McDonald’s competitor)or McDonald’s in Syracuse ny. I think it was a specials day, maybe ga kids day, but I am sure hamburgers were 10 cents, cheeseburger 15 cents. We four kids would split a large fries. It was a fun outing and Mom had an evening off cooking. We also would pack into the old station wagon and watch a drive in movie on a special night, mom filled a cooler with sandwiches and milk. Good times ! Yeah, I’m old. But McDonald’s is a bit of nostalgia for me. Would definitely hit one if on trail if I walked by it! Great nutrition, of course not. Option for free Wifi, clean toilet, cheep food.. yup. Hiker friendly... usually.

HYOH, don’t like Mickey Dees, don’t go.

Not many McDonalds near the trail in Maine. I think Gorham NH is the first one in trail town. There are McDonalds in many of the towns along RT2 but they are long hitch.

I ran into a pair of slack packers somewhere in NC who packed 25 basic McD hamburgers for the hike and passed them out along the way. I meet them at the end of the day and they still had a couple left, so I took them. They were still eatable. Mostly.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Journal Entries
    Images

If you are planning to use Mc. D for off trail food it's probably not a wise choice. Some are near a town trail crossings, but most are quite a hike away.
    Grampie-N->2001

Quote Originally Posted by D2maine View Post
    so this has to go with this thread

https://youtu.be/yE5PGe6B95o
    I'm love'n it. I think when I was packing burgers they were .89 for a burger and .99 for a cheese burger. The new dollar menu stuff is a pretty good deal now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++