Default Looking for a hiking buddy

I plan to do a 3 day section in central PA (sometime in May) and my hiking partner had to bail. I am looking to see if anyone wants to join me? I am 55 and go slow - probably 6-9 mpd. I have never gone by myself yet but will if i can't find anyone. if interested PM me.

Hi there,

I'm not available to join you in May but thought I'd chime in just to let you know that hiking alone is not as scary as most of us think. I went by myself for a week in 2017 because I couldn't find a hiking buddy and it was great. My biggest fear was sleeping alone, I was fine with the idea of walking all day by myself but nights... they scared the crap out of me. But you know what? I never slept alone once. There are so many hikers on the trail that there was always someone nearby at shelters and campsites and I slept great. The fact that I was exhausted probably helped too! HaHa. Hope you have a great hike!

thanks for the reply! i think its the nights too that would be scary. but i am doing it! i got a friend to go with me for the first night but then she will be picked up and i plan to continue to go it alone after that. i think if i can do it once then i would get over my fear. its something that i feel i NEED to do.

Have you found anyone to hike with yet? I'd love to do a week or two section this month somewhere in the northeast with someone slow.

Hey sketcher
    i have not found anyone. i sent you a PM. i would still like to go if you do.

++ New Posts ++