WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Osprey pack repair experience

Has anyone had any experience with sending their Osprey pack back to the company for a repair? I'm wondering about whether you received a new pack in lieu of a repair. Since I only need a new zipper on the side pocket I'm sure that's an easy fix but also the worn off fabric around the metal frame might not be repairable. Does Osprey really live up to their promise of repair or replace?
    Happy Lifetime Sectioner!

I had repairs done - my bleach bottle leaked and rotted out a hipbelt pocket. They patched it, then also patched some torn mesh on the back. Sent it back free.

I was in SW Colorado last summer. The Aura pack that I bought for my granddaughter 5-6 years prior. One of the lid straps broke. We took the pack to Osprey headquarters in Cortez.
    A very nice lady met with my granddaughter and I. She recognized the pack and the problem inherent in the pack. The dye used for the rose color caused the straps to disintegrate. They kept the defective pack and shipped my granddaughter a new pack.
    They mean what they say about the guarantee.
    Wayne

I sent my Atmos in for repair, they called within a week and said un-repairable and sent me brand new Atmos 65 AG.

I needed a zipper fixed. They did it and sent the bag back free.
    However, I had to pay to ship the pack to them. Wasn't cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by lkmi View Post
    We all had to ship the pack to them.
    Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Images

The fabric wore out along the metal staves on the inside of my Atmos and it caused a hole in the fabric. I explained to Osprey the issue was my fault because when practice hiking on the local trails I carry a three gallon bottle of water and the water bottle rubbing against the fabric/metal caused the issue. I sent them pictures with the explanation and they said to ship it in. I paid for the shipping. A week later I got an email that it was not repairable and to pick a color from the available colors for a replacement. A new bag was at my door within another week. I am an Osprey fan for life. I now wrap a towel around the bottle to prevent the issue from occurring with my new pack.

Quote Originally Posted by lkmi View Post
    I remember it being reasonable, I built a flattish box out of cardboard just the right size, wrapped it up in packing tape. Easy.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with sending their Osprey pack back to the company for a repair? I'm wondering about whether you received a new pack in lieu of a repair. Since I only need a new zipper on the side pocket I'm sure that's an easy fix but also the worn off fabric around the metal frame might not be repairable. Does Osprey really live up to their promise of repair or replace?
    My exact problems also. I sent pictures in and only asked how long the fix would take. They sent me a new Atmos 65 AG.
    76 HawkMtn w/Rangers
    14 LHHT
    15 Girard/Quebec/LostTurkey/Saylor/Tuscarora/BlackForest
    16 Kennerdell/Cranberry-Otter/DollyS/WRim-NCT
    17 BearR
    18-19,22 AT NOBO 1562.2
    22 Hadrian's Wall
    23 Cotswold Way

Easy process. Excellent work on my pack's zipper repair. Returned no problem.
    "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to" JRRTolkien

Images

Thanks to all of you for replies. I'm glad to hear I can trust Osprey to do the right thing.

They repaired my zipper and returned the same pack. I had asked in my return order, if they could find a way to improve the flap over the zipper to reduce it getting caught in the zipper. I suggested threading a cord through it perhaps. Their solution exceeded my expectations...they had revised the flap design a bit and threaded a strap through to make it stiff. It's so good I suspect new packs may be coming with the modification.

Images

I'm just posting an update to my op. The new replacement pack arrived yesterday after a very pleasant experience with Osprey. I'm glad to see a company is honest and does stand behind their product and practices great customer service.

I sent in an old Atmos 35 that had seen some good times and was on its last legs. It had spots where mice had chewed through it and the hip pockets would no longer open and Osprey sent me a brand new Kestrel 38. I couldn't be more happier with their level of service.

++ New Posts ++