WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Belgrade couple section hiking Appalachian Trail to raise overdose awareness - Kenneb

Belgrade couple section hiking Appalachian Trail to raise overdose awareness  Kennebec Journal & Morning Sentinel

BELGRADE — Backpacking on the Appalachian Trail is full of highs and lows. The high of reaching summits with distant, clear views comes with the lows of ...

More...

If the statistics of the annual increase in overdose fatalities are correct in the included pic between 2014-2017 that's alarming. The annual increase in deaths from overdoses are occurring at a rate that is 10 fold the annual U.S. population increase. We are a pill popping nation. Those stats dont only reflect illicit street drug fatalities... as the article states.

Yep, a serious problem. WV and NH top the list for OD/100,000 population.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

More alarming are national economic and healthcare policies designed to increase drug sales.

I'd venture to guess that increase has quite a bit to do with the recent commonplace practice of cutting heroin with fentanyl. People tend not to resuscitate as easily when they take stuff that's 100x more powerful than they think it is without knowing such.

Quote Originally Posted by C4web88 View Post
    I'd venture to guess that increase has quite a bit to do with the recent commonplace practice of cutting heroin with fentanyl. People tend not to resuscitate as easily when they take stuff that's 100x more powerful than they think it is without knowing such.
    According to one friend, a paramedic, he says the same thing. It's undoubtedly prescription drug use also, some of it legal prescription drug use not illegally sold or mis-used prescription drugs. Insiders that intimately experience this professionally on the front lines have to be publicly careful of what they say on record is partly the root cause of the fatalities. In short, our medical and LEO culture is most oriented toward illegal drug use fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    According to one friend, a paramedic, he says the same thing. It's undoubtedly prescription drug use also, some of it legal prescription drug use not illegally sold or mis-used prescription drugs. Insiders that intimately experience this professionally on the front lines have to be publicly careful of what they say on record is partly the root cause of the fatalities. In short, our medical and LEO culture is most oriented toward illegal drug use fatalities.
    Yea cant go after what people are paying money to protect.....anyways best of luck to this couple, it's a noble cause and I hope I catch them along the trail at some point.

That's the reason marijuana is still illegal federally and considered a class 1 controlled substance up there with Heroin... the last thing the medical industry wants is it to become legal and for it's true medical value to be known. They'd rather kill patients with legal drugs keeping the cash cow going.
    NoDoz
    nobo 2018 March 10th - October 19th
    -
    I'm just one too many mornings and 1,000 miles behind

++ New Posts ++