At the risk of asking a question that is akin to, "What diesel truck is healthiest for the environment", here goes.

With respect to hanging your food bag PCT-style, what material is a good, durable one for the throw bag, particularly when the odds of it landing on a rock are pretty good?

Yesterday I had occasion to do a PCT-style food bag hang, and after some fits and starts, got what I think was a particularly good hang (as these things go). Quite a bit of luck involved in finding an ideal branch in the area. However, leading up to finding that branch, I made some failed throws at other locations, and once at the final location. At least once the throw bag landed on a rock, and I came back with a small hole in it.*

I was using one of those roll-top waterproof bags, pretty cheap ones (Outdoor Products, WM), polyurethane coated ripstop, it appears. Not a big loss, and even probably fixable to an extent.

Wondering if there's a better material to be using for a throw bag. Seemed silly in retrospect to sacrifice a waterproof stuff sack for this, but I'm not sure if there's a cheaper and more durable option. Any suggestions? Thanks.

*I think the abrasion came from the ground (outside the throw bag), since it bag had a fist-sized rock in it wrapped up in a rag and put in a ziplock so it wouldn't roll out of the rag easily. The ziplock was not punctured.