WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by cep View Post
    Well, just an FYI, I’ve actually met her and talked to her and she struck me as a really nice and level-headed person. It is depressing, but predictably InterWebs, to hear the crap people have put out about her without knowing her at all and she’s doing a grand job of not letting it get her down.
    good i hope she makes it!

Quote Originally Posted by D2maine View Post
    good i hope she makes it!
    Just yesterday in her latest video she said she would never remove user comments. Today she has removed all comments. The day before she redefined "yellow blazing" and insisted she didn't do that based on her new meaning, yet she skipped about 100 miles of the trail. HYOH. But if you are going to get all emotional at the 400 mile mark it would have been appropriate to tell people about the skipped miles. She only admitted to the 100 skipped miles after the "trolls" pointed it out. She then banned them.

Sure, I hope she makes it too. But I hike to get away from such low integrity people.

I was watching her and wincing at times. She's on her 3rd tent. I am guessing product placement has something to do with, but if not she's spending a lot on the tents. I dropped her now and I see she stopped showing how man subscribers she has. Maybe she's losing too many. I also hope she makes it all the way, but I am sure it will be too much drama the whole way for me to enjoy watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeGoldRush View Post
    Just yesterday in her latest video she said she would never remove user comments. Today she has removed all comments. The day before she redefined "yellow blazing" and insisted she didn't do that based on her new meaning, yet she skipped about 100 miles of the trail. HYOH. But if you are going to get all emotional at the 400 mile mark it would have been appropriate to tell people about the skipped miles. She only admitted to the 100 skipped miles after the "trolls" pointed it out. She then banned them.

Sure, I hope she makes it too. But I hike to get away from such low integrity people.
    So I assume "she makes it" includes going back and picking up those skipped 100 miles.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Last year we had an excellent batch of AT vloggers; scoutmaster (my favorite), Evan (the guy with the tarp and sandals), hot sauce (the kid who hiked 24 hours straight), and many more. This year, not so much. So far, i'm watching only Second Chance, but he's on the PCT. I started to watch this lady out of curiosity, but i got off pretty fast.

I checked her out about a month ago and felt big character wobbles so I did not subscribe. Then youtube feeds me her videos from time to time and I see her doing tent “review” ? I mean one has to have some experience first to produce a credible review and she is fake so there is my opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me go

I was really impressed by the quality of Artemis's videos at first and I thought she had a compelling story. A month ago, I was watching one of her videos with my 10 year old daughter and she gets to the NC/GA sign and pulls this stunt where she curses Georgia and dances around giving it the middle finger. That behavior totally surprised me and I quickly shut it down after that.

I guess I think love it, or leave it. I hope **everyone** who tries makes it, but I doubt she will, and if that happens there will be no explanation. Scoutmaster makes several good points about her in his rebuttal, and he is trustworthy to me.

This year my favorites are Craig Mains and Outdoor Adventures. I also am watching Second Chance on the PCT.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by steve_zavocki View Post
    A month ago, I was watching one of her videos with my 10 year old daughter and she gets to the NC/GA sign and pulls this stunt where she curses Georgia and dances around giving it the middle finger.
    When I saw that video, half of me was laughing out loud, and half of me was saying to myself "If it's that #@m* bad, why are you out there?"

Well, looks like Artemis deleted her YouTube content, and disabled her channel. Seems kinda drastic because of an alleged “troll”. Thou doth protest too much comes to mind...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by baldknobber View Post
    Well, looks like Artemis deleted her YouTube content, and disabled her channel. Seems kinda drastic because of an alleged “troll”. Thou doth protest too much comes to mind...
    Nah. All the videos are still at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx...nzePfYA/videos Comments, however, are disabled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++