Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

:banana PCT section hike

Hi

I read many PCT...everyone always talk about thru hike.

But is there no one who just do a big section?

I plan to quit job, and sell most of my property soon and do a big hike. I need to sell my house first...but I heard is seller's market...so should be quite easy and fast.

I want to do PCT...because I like the wide openness of desert and hiking on top of mountain ridges. I don't like to be in dense jungles.

So lets say I quite in April and put my house up for sale...and can start hiking in beginning of June and have unlimited time frame to hike as long as possible (until my foot is blistered to much?)...what should I do?

I have small experience hiking in Big Bend Texas...but I have already most of ultralight hiking gear purchased already...just need to sort out things like find a PCT approved cooking stove, figure out what to eat, snow hiking, and how to hang food CA style. But I'm not athelttically gifted...so I probably will be hiking slow pace. I know that'll be tough because water refill require you to hike fast sometimes. Walking slower means carrying more water, which slow you down even more...like a vicisous cycle. I don't know if what permit I need. I don't know how to resupply...hoping to just buy food at towns along the way.
    Last edited by engineer19; 02-21-2019 at 18:50.

++ New Posts ++