Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24

And the update after Dixie has he and Little Bee zeroing in Bend, OR. The trip to Ben & Jerry’s explains a lot.
    Wayne

#77 is up as of a day or two ago

Episode 80: Slackpacking It Here Boss.
    Wayne
    Last edited by Venchka; 09-01-2019 at 21:24.

https://www.outsideonline.com/240474...YOzdy4_K8q01Ek

Fame, Romance, and a Second Chance on the PCT

Cory McDonald's main goal was to restore his health on the Pacific Crest Trail. Becoming a YouTube star, getting stalked, and meeting the perfect girl were just exhilarating extras.

https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Way to "represent" 'Blazers

“You need to take the black capsule,” one troll suggested, a reference to committing suicide. Another, writing on a popular forum for Appalachian Trail hikers called White Blaze, said: “If more people Fat Shamed others (which should probably be compulsory), then perhaps the 39.8% of obesity amongst the 99.3 million US adults could be seriously reduced and SAVE LIVES, instead of being concerned about ‘hurty feelings’!”

“You would think some of these park rangers would intervene ... and [put] a stop to this freak show,” someone else wrote on the same forum. “I did call the PCT assoc. when I first saw this clown and gave them a ear full about it. I think if more people did they can pull his permit.”
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Good for Cory but I have to admit I unsubscribed a few months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me go

This is my first time to read any post on this thread. I went through the first 10 pages and didn't see those comments. In fact, I only noticed one person who said anything insulting about "Second Chance."

We live in an age where “couch jockeys” have the luxury of snipping at others whom they believe they are superior to. These Trolls would never get away with it In “real life”, without walking away with a bloody nose at a minimum, or being cast out from more tolerant community’s of civil folk.

I guess it’s a sign of the times, we see this in so many areas... I for one agree with anyone who calls out “ill mannered” behavior or intolerant comments that run contrary to the values we should all display while participating in public discourse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Images

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    This is my first time to read any post on this thread. I went through the first 10 pages and didn't see those comments. In fact, I only noticed one person who said anything insulting about "Second Chance."
    Post number #370 by Newt0556. What a sad, miserable person he must be.
    “For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
    the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    Post number #370 by Newt0556. What a sad, miserable person he must be.
    And Post # 369 just before it.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPincher View Post
    https://www.outsideonline.com/240474...YOzdy4_K8q01Ek

Fame, Romance, and a Second Chance on the PCT

Cory McDonald's main goal was to restore his health on the Pacific Crest Trail. Becoming a YouTube star, getting stalked, and meeting the perfect girl were just exhilarating extras.
    That article just came up on my Facebook feed yesterday Put it all into perspective because I haven’t watched every one of his videos

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    And Post # 369 just before it.
    To be fair, the quote included in post #369, not poster #369.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGringo View Post
    We live in an age where “couch jockeys” have the luxury of snipping at others whom they believe they are superior to. These Trolls would never get away with it In “real life”, without walking away with a bloody nose at a minimum, or being cast out from more tolerant community’s of civil folk.

I guess it’s a sign of the times, we see this in so many areas... I for one agree with anyone who calls out “ill mannered” behavior or intolerant comments that run contrary to the values we should all display while participating in public discourse.

I'm no 'Couch Jockey'! I successfully thru-hiked the PCT this year and completed the TC.
    I was one of those critical of Second Chance, its called Freedom of Speech. You mention 'tolerance'. Where is your tolerence of my opinion which differs from yours? This makes you the dictionary definition of a 'Bigot'!

More power to you, firesign. You are correct about Freedom of Speech. As another who tends to be honest about what I think, I find it surprising that so many are intolerant of opposing views.

Did they never think that they might learn something from another individual (possibly with superior life history and experience) who is taking the trouble to be truthful with them?

Quote Originally Posted by firesign View Post
    I'm no 'Couch Jockey'! I successfully thru-hiked the PCT this year and completed the TC.
    I was one of those critical of Second Chance, its called Freedom of Speech. You mention 'tolerance'. Where is your tolerence of my opinion which differs from yours? This makes you the dictionary definition of a 'Bigot'!
    Being critical = Freedom of Speech. Insults = trolls

Quote Originally Posted by firesign View Post
    Your right to “Free Speech” , does not supersede Second Chances right to “pursue of happiness”. Your public Flogging (through the comments you and others have made), have simply shined a light on the Troll that you appear to be.

The fact that you successfully completed the PCT or any other trail, does not give you license to criticize anyone. I stand by the statement that if you did this “in person” to many (certainly to me), you would likely experience what happens to rude people in real life..

Follow your mothers advice... ‘If you can’t think of something nice to say, then don’t say anything at all...

Reminds me of lady who was 350 lbs+ on the trail raising money for some local group. She didn't get far.

Your right to “Free Speech” , does not supersede Second Chances right to “pursue of happiness”. Your public Flogging (through the comments you and others have made), have simply shined a light on the Troll that you appear to be.

The fact that you successfully completed the PCT or any other trail, does not give you license to criticize anyone. I stand by the statement that if you did this “in person” to many (certainly to me), you would likely experience what happens to rude people in real life..

Follow your mothers advice... ‘If you can’t think of something nice to say, then don’t say anything at all...

BTW, I met Taco Money on the AT after he had lost over 280 pounds or so. He still had another hundred to go (and had the look of someone who had lost the kind of weight he claimed -- the loose skin roll, etc.).

There are some impressive people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethesis View Post
    BTW, I met Taco Money on the AT after he had lost over 280 pounds or so. He still had another hundred to go (and had the look of someone who had lost the kind of weight he claimed -- the loose skin roll, etc.).

There are some impressive people out there.
    I applaud and whole heartedly support everyone who strives to improve themselves, physically, spiritually or psychologically.

Someone very wise once said that to understand someone, you need to walk a mile in their shoes.

-

I applaud and whole heartedly support everyone who strives to improve themselves, physically, spiritually or psychologically.

Someone very wise once said that to understand someone, you need to walk a mile in their shoes.

did some PCT this year - thought what he endured would be like me carrying a "TIPI" type pack

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24
++ New Posts ++