Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Colter View Post
    All things being equal, heavier hikers "stick to the bottom" better than lighter hikers. It can make a dramatic difference. That said, experience and balance and good judgment, where and when and how to cross, are even more important factors.
    oh come on, experience and judgement are highly overrated. Alls you have to do is what a YouTube video and off you go!
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Quote Originally Posted by firesign View Post
    Firstly, I am not trolling - just my opinion differs greatly from the majority of posters on this thread.

A quick rant in E Minor:

This is just a Freak Show supported by the type of people who slow down to look at traffic accidents on the interstate; who are fascinated by reality TV BS.

This guy has eaten himself to this size, whatever his excuses, it was his choice, no one elses, he was not forced fed.

If this was a veteran with PTSD, there is no way this would receive the same level of attention, but because he has a significantly greater proportion of watery protoplasm than the average Joe, then let's celebrate that he is averaging 4 miles per day on the PCT! All the good men and women who serve and have served their country....and then there is this guy!

The bottom line: If more people Fat Shamed others (which should be compulsory), then perhaps the 39.8% of obesity amongst the 93.3 million US adults could be seriously reduced and SAVE LIVES, instead of being concerned about 'hurty feelinz'!
    How cynical.

The new video is out and all I got to say I wish I was out there (jealous)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me go

I've only watched half of the new video (#44) and I admit: I'm in tears. His courage, determination, good humor, and emotional openness is such an inspiration. I am rooting for him!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterHiker View Post
    I've only watched half of the new video (#44) and I admit: I'm in tears. His courage, determination, good humor, and emotional openness is such an inspiration. I am rooting for him!
    Absolutely agree.

It's also fun seeing his interactions with the other PCT thru-hikers as they catch and pass him.

And on a hiking note, he is starting to up the miles a bit with a 13 and a 15 back-to-back....
    (trailname: Paul-from-Scotland)

Quote Originally Posted by futureatwalker View Post
    Absolutely agree.

It's also fun seeing his interactions with the other PCT thru-hikers as they catch and pass him.

And on a hiking note, he is starting to up the miles a bit with a 13 and a 15 back-to-back....
    He has broken some 20's. Hard to tell when or how often because of his delay but I just saw a photo of his face that looks like it could be more recent than what he typically posts and all I can say is Wowza!!!! He really looks like a different guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher709 View Post
    He has broken some 20's. Hard to tell when or how often because of his delay but I just saw a photo of his face that looks like it could be more recent than what he typically posts and all I can say is Wowza!!!! He really looks like a different guy.
    I'm looking forward to episode #45!

He certainly has changed, though he has the same laugh and sensitivity about him you can tell the trail has hardened him.

Quote Originally Posted by firesign View Post
    Firstly, I am not trolling - just my opinion differs greatly from the majority of posters on this thread.

A quick rant in E Minor:

This is just a Freak Show supported by the type of people who slow down to look at traffic accidents on the interstate; who are fascinated by reality TV BS.

This guy has eaten himself to this size, whatever his excuses, it was his choice, no one elses, he was not forced fed.

If this was a veteran with PTSD, there is no way this would receive the same level of attention, but because he has a significantly greater proportion of watery protoplasm than the average Joe, then let's celebrate that he is averaging 4 miles per day on the PCT! All the good men and women who serve and have served their country....and then there is this guy!

The bottom line: If more people Fat Shamed others (which should be compulsory), then perhaps the 39.8% of obesity amongst the 93.3 million US adults could be seriously reduced and SAVE LIVES, instead of being concerned about 'hurty feelinz'!
    You are entitled to your opinions, but I had to comment when you added that 'fat shaming should be compulsory.' All sorts of people get on the National trails, not just 'skinny beautiful and fit people.' Cory is getting the views because he has a viable story. In addition, he is inspiring others to get out and walk. I would follow a veteran with PTSD. If "Stronghold" was vlogging, I would have definitely followed him. I am following over 50 vloggers this year on the AT, PCT and CDT. Many don't get the views like Cory, but still have viable origin stories of why they are thru-hiking. The trail is a "healing" place for many. One thru-hiker I am following on the PCT lost a spouse last year. Another thru-hiker on the AT said that 'life was too short' to live with regrets so that's why he is thru-hiking this year. I am also watching a potential triple crown on the CDT, which will fulfill a dream. Cory knows he is obese, but instead of sitting around, he is doing something about it. The PCT is not a walk in the park. It has taken out able bodied hikers. Your body is also acclimating to altitude. Cory is making progress and has also lost weight.

Unbelievable this douche bag is still at this scam! This guy is just a fraud doing it for social media attention/$$$ and people are still falling for this. I stopped watching him awhile ago after just a few utube vids. His videos are sicken and obnoxious. He censors all his social media channels too any negative comments get deleted and users banned. Guess he isnt able to handle the criticism. What a embarrassment for the PCT association, I know they wont be getting any donations from me. They need to revoke his permit. He sure does cheapen the trail that is for sure. I guess the PCT can now be named the weight watchers trail.

You would think some of these park rangers would intervene in this and but a stop to this freak show. I know if I managed a park he wouldnt be going thru it. I did call the PCT assoc. when I first saw this clown and gave them a ear full about it. I think if more people did call they pull his permit. I may call some of the parks he will be going thru maybe they can find a reason to deny him entry. Shouldnt be hard I think everyone can see he is a danger to himself and possibly other hikers. Anyone know where he is on the trail? Post it and I will call the parks he is in or will be. But he is probably at a macdonalds off trail and getting a ride to the next vlog spot.

American Taliban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me go

Quote Originally Posted by Newt0556 View Post
    Unbelievable this douche bag is still at this scam! This guy is just a fraud doing it for social media attention/$$$ and people are still falling for this. I stopped watching him awhile ago after just a few utube vids. His videos are sicken and obnoxious. He censors all his social media channels too any negative comments get deleted and users banned. Guess he isnt able to handle the criticism. What a embarrassment for the PCT association, I know they wont be getting any donations from me. They need to revoke his permit. He sure does cheapen the trail that is for sure. I guess the PCT can now be named the weight watchers trail.

You would think some of these park rangers would intervene in this and but a stop to this freak show. I know if I managed a park he wouldnt be going thru it. I did call the PCT assoc. when I first saw this clown and gave them a ear full about it. I think if more people did call they pull his permit. I may call some of the parks he will be going thru maybe they can find a reason to deny him entry. Shouldnt be hard I think everyone can see he is a danger to himself and possibly other hikers. Anyone know where he is on the trail? Post it and I will call the parks he is in or will be. But he is probably at a macdonalds off trail and getting a ride to the next vlog spot.
    Clearly it's a good thing for everyone in the world that you don't manage a park, and that every park ranger on earth has better sense than you do.

Images

To me it seems like you have posted some negative comments on Corey's social media and got deleted and that pissed you off .Now you came here to vent and vent you did. Venting from the wrong end of coarse.

I am against any social media that deletes the negative comments or even worse disable comments and they never get my like or subscription but you can not convince me a 400 pound guy 300 miles into PCT hike in 2019( dangerously high snow year) is there for $$$ and attention seeking.
    Sure he is enjoying the attention and partial celebrity status he is in right now and it is distracting him somehow but you don't make $$$ by youtube videos that a few thousands people watch earning couple of dollars for every 1000 views.
    Forget about Corey. He needs to shed some weight and he is trying to achieve it. Some of us need to shed some anger I guess. Do you now a trail that sheds anger? Hit it asap.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    Clearly it's a good thing for everyone in the world that you don't manage a park, and that every park ranger on earth has better sense than you do.
    We have a saying In persian: "God knew the Donkeys so he did not give them horn". We use it when we want to be thankful when somebody can not abuse his/her power to stop other people from doing what they want to do.

No you're the douche bag!!

One man's vote for Corey -- One man's ignore button for the Newtster!!

KKORO

WOW, the hate is real. I watch Coreys vids and while I'm not impressed, its yet another take on an interesting PCT hike, when so many videos are just more of the same old stuff. So I have no strong feelings pro or con, but when I read posts like Newt0556 I have a very strong desire to go tribal on his intolerant stupidity, not that stooping to that level solves anything.

Newt0556 sounds just like what I expect the recent AT murderer/stabber sounded like before going off the rails, I think its obvious who the real danger is likely to be. It will be VERY interesting to me to see if the mods react to such a post

Jesu Christo onna Cracker, Newt. You got some issues. If we start banning people from trails for being a "douche bag" I sadly think you'd never get to hike again.

Theres like only two things that still stand true.

#1 Second Chance still has one of the most wholesome thruhiking vlogs out there.

#2 He is more of a LD hiker than 90% of the people judging him... or on this forum.

Newt, the hiking community doesn't want or need you. Good day.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

There's always somebody hiding behind internet anonymity casting stones at someone who is not hiding behind internet anonymity. I can't imagine why people would disable youtube comments, or purge social media of overly negative comments....

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++