WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Wow, I just watched some drone footage of the falls during a flood - what a monster!
    Looks like they've got a campground right there, so this is certainly doable, worthy of the drive from the interstate.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Yeah, it's the Niagra Falls of the south.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenM View Post
    Cumberland and Eagle Falls is good for a quick stop, though Cumberland without Eagle Falls is a total waste, IMO. Walk to a viewpoint, look at a big waterfall, and leave.
    The lip of Eagle Falls is an arch, btw. The water flows over and through it. Pretty cool.
    Big South Fork is *right there*, so why not include it?
    You'll be very close to Yahoo Falls and Yahoo Arch, short and easy.
    Not so short or easy, but Lick Creek Falls from the top would be my preference over either of those if the water's flowing, plus least likely to be crowded, maybe(?).
    Mid-August is definitely not a time I go on "waterfall tours", and might make that a poor choice, given how low the flow is even in winter. Hard not to mention it, though. Always a favorite.
    Attachment 45063

Hey, the Honey Creek Loop's <6miles, and there are places to camp near the TH
    All this. ^^ which is why at that time I'd suggest focusing on arches and geology at Natural Budge SP. Drive through the tunnel at Red River Gorge and do some quick out and backs here for spicing it up making yourself look like a guide expert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++