WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Images

Exclamation 13th Annual Nashville AT Dinner & Thru-hike Presentation 2-16-19

Thirtheenth Annual WhiteBlaze/HammockForums/Meetup Nashville Winter Dinner
    Saturday, February 16, 2019

For the past 12 years, I have organized a dinner and presentation about thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail. In the first years, it was purely a WhiteBlaze.net gathering, then it grew to include HammockForums.net, and finally the Nashville Backpacker group on Meetup.com. More recently, it has morphed into almost exclusively a Meetup.com event. However, I still want to let everyone on WhiteBlaze know, especially as WhiteBlaze is devoted to the Appalachian Trail.

All are invited.

Here's the itinerary this year:

5:00 pm DINNER. For those who'd like, we'll meet for dinner at 5:00 or so next door to REI at Jason's Deli (in the old Ruby Tuesday location). It'll be informal for any who want to show up; just ask for the hiking group.
    https://www.jasonsdeli.com/restaurants/brentwood-deli

6:30 pm PRESENTATION at REI Community Room. Berkley "Ten" Aiken, a Nashville resident and 2017 AT thru-hiker, will tell us about her experience hiking from Georgia to Maine. She summited Katahdin in Maine on September 28th, 2017. We'll have a Q&A session, so feel free to bring your questions for "Ten."

"Ten" has a blog site at www.baconandbearbells.com

Here is the address (and phone number) for the Nashville/Brentwood REI --
    261 Franklin Road
    Brentwood, TN 37027
    (615) 376-4248

Questions?

Rain Man
    Last edited by Rain Man; 02-14-2019 at 13:05.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

++ New Posts ++