WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Exclamation 13th Annual Nashville AT Dinner & Thru-hike Presentation 2-16-19

Thirtheenth Annual WhiteBlaze/HammockForums/Meetup Nashville Winter Dinner
    Saturday, February 16, 2019

For the past 12 years, I have organized a dinner and presentation about thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail. In the first years, it was purely a WhiteBlaze.net gathering, then it grew to include HammockForums.net, and finally the Nashville Backpacker group on Meetup.com. More recently, it has morphed into almost exclusively a Meetup.com event. However, I still want to let everyone on WhiteBlaze know, especially as WhiteBlaze is devoted to the Appalachian Trail.

All are invited.

Here's the itinerary this year:

5:00 pm DINNER. For those who'd like, we'll meet for dinner at 5:00 or so next door to REI at Jason's Deli (in the old Ruby Tuesday location). It'll be informal for any who want to show up; just ask for the hiking group.
    https://www.jasonsdeli.com/restaurants/brentwood-deli

6:30 pm PRESENTATION at REI Community Room. Berkley "Ten" Aiken, a Nashville resident and 2017 AT thru-hiker, will tell us about her experience hiking from Georgia to Maine. She summited Katahdin in Maine on September 28th, 2017. We'll have a Q&A session, so feel free to bring your questions for "Ten."

"Ten" has a blog site at www.baconandbearbells.com

Here is the address (and phone number) for the Nashville/Brentwood REI --
    261 Franklin Road
    Brentwood, TN 37027
    (615) 376-4248

Questions?

Rain Man
    Last edited by Rain Man; 02-14-2019 at 13:05.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

If I were not temporarily way over here at Boulder, Colorado, I would not miss it for anything. Thank you, Rain Man
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

You're killing me here Chum, but no, I can't make this trip this time. I'm sure you'll make it an event-supreme, and I hope you have a wonderful evening. See you in May!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

What's in May?!

I would make it (have never been) but I am going to the GSMNP this weekend for some family time
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Rain man...been to these events twice...both prior to and just after my thru hike.Thank you for hosting. Would have loved to attend but i am not one who has social media or spends time on line so I always find out after the fact. Thank you for all that you do to promote and support this crazy habit of ours.

Images

Thanks for saying so. You're very welcome! We had a good turnout and Berkley did a great presentation. You still have at least 3 chances to come out and hear me talk about my thru-hike of the California John Muir Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by 4shot View Post
    Rain man...been to these events twice...both prior to and just after my thru hike.Thank you for hosting. Would have loved to attend but i am not one who has social media or spends time on line so I always find out after the fact. Thank you for all that you do to promote and support this crazy habit of ours.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

++ New Posts ++