WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Dropper Bottles

Default Dropper Bottles

I need new some dropper bottles for aquamira.

Does anyone have some opaque or black 10ml droppers?

I know ordering them online, you need to buy in bulk.

Im looking for a 3cc black dropper bottle too to do an aquamira premix.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

For semi-transparent, LiteSmith has a great selection of different sizes 3ml (0.1oz) to 15ml (0.5oz) with colored rings on them to distinguish the contents. For White+Semi Transparent 10ml ones, gossamer gear has them. I have several white+black 10ml ones from Mountain Laurel Designs. Antigravity gear sells a set of 2x7ml (0.25oz) dropper bottles and a 3ml (0.1oz) non-dropper bottle for mixing aqua mira.

The difference in weight between the 3ml and 10ml dropper bottles is ~2.2g and between the 6ml and 10ml is 2g as per LiteSmwith's product page. I carry my Aqua Mira in 2x 10ml bottles and premix them each morning in a 6ml dropper bottle with the amount I anticipate using that day.

A 3ml bottle would be more than sufficient for a days supply, but I didn't like the smaller drop size of those bottles as I now had to remember different drop numbers for the 2 different bottles types. With the 6ml bottle, the drop size is pretty much the same size as the 10ml bottles and allows me to not have to use my brain as much. My 6ml bottle is semi-transparent, but I keep it in my hipbelt pocket during the day so it's out of the sun and it's UV exposure. As long as the mix remains a good yellow color, it's good to use.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    I need new some dropper bottles for aquamira.

Does anyone have some opaque or black 10ml droppers?

I know ordering them online, you need to buy in bulk.

Im looking for a 3cc black dropper bottle too to do an aquamira premix.

You dont have to buy in bulk.

You do have to pay for shipping/handlng

Perhaps you mean it more expensive to buy 1.

Several places sold them
    But they fail.....so buy a bunch....and dont worry about shipping.
    Caps crack.....sides split.....droppers dont drop due to plastic flashing

More so larger ones than small black ones.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 02-13-2019 at 04:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    For semi-transparent, LiteSmith has a great selection of different sizes 3ml (0.1oz) to 15ml (0.5oz) with colored rings on them to distinguish the contents. For White+Semi Transparent 10ml ones, gossamer gear has them. I have several white+black 10ml ones from Mountain Laurel Designs. Antigravity gear sells a set of 2x7ml (0.25oz) dropper bottles and a 3ml (0.1oz) non-dropper bottle for mixing aqua mira.

The difference in weight between the 3ml and 10ml dropper bottles is ~2.2g and between the 6ml and 10ml is 2g as per LiteSmwith's product page. I carry my Aqua Mira in 2x 10ml bottles and premix them each morning in a 6ml dropper bottle with the amount I anticipate using that day.

A 3ml bottle would be more than sufficient for a days supply, but I didn't like the smaller drop size of those bottles as I now had to remember different drop numbers for the 2 different bottles types. With the 6ml bottle, the drop size is pretty much the same size as the 10ml bottles and allows me to not have to use my brain as much. My 6ml bottle is semi-transparent, but I keep it in my hipbelt pocket during the day so it's out of the sun and it's UV exposure. As long as the mix remains a good yellow color, it's good to use.
    Im a regular over at litesmith and tried getting the owner to get opaque bottles to no avail. Thanks for the leads.

I was at the dollar store awhile back and I noticed they had some breath freshener drops in 3 ml dropper bottles (2 for a buck). Clear not black however. Not sure how the breath freshener works but the bottle are decent. I use one for bleach as a backup in case my water filter fails.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Have you asked at your local pharmacies?
    Wayne

I buy saline eye drops at the drug store and dump the water out. Then pull the cap off and refill with whatever you want to put in it. Put the dropper cap back on and then the screw cap.
    Whether you think you can, or think you can't--you're right--Henry Ford; The Journey Is The Destination

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Turk6177 View Post
    I buy saline eye drops at the drug store and dump the water out. Then pull the cap off and refill with whatever you want to put in it. Put the dropper cap back on and then the screw cap.

Do I remember correctly that a woman was arrested for trying to murder her husband by putting eye drops in his drink?

Ive seen that. I just didnt want to pay $9 in shipping lol. Its the principle of it!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    Ive seen that. I just didnt want to pay $9 in shipping lol. Its the principle of it!

Thats why buy a bunch and never need it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk6177 View Post
    Lately I've using these from the store---flush the sinuses and when empty use the large or small sizes for storing all sorts of things---bronners, hand sanitizer, water purification drops etc.

ocean.png

++ New Posts ++