WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Little update...

Alright so last year I made a gofundme and posted here.
    https://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthr...nna-help%C3%A9
    It's was really of bad taste since it was my very first post on this forum, this is my second btw lol.
    anyway i didnt realize it got to over 90 reply until now.
    I didnt recieve a donation and actually deleted the gofundme couple days later because of some negative comments, which was not entirely false.

anyway I did go out there and hiked half of the trail. Got to harpers ferry and called it quit, after about a little less than 3 months of hiking.
    I had almost no training and I was amazed how fast i got into the rhythm. Lost 25 pounds and could go up the mountains non stop.
    I had some pain in my feet tho, I had to stop every hour and massage my feet, was kinda killing me but wasnt the main reason i stop.
    I stop cause I got kinda bored and I didnt really find a group of people that I would hike with full time.
    Anyway, had an amazing time, Im proud I hiked half of it and Ill be going out there in 2020 or 2021 to finish my "thru hike".

gl to everyone going out there this year!
    Last edited by WhiteBlazin; 02-09-2019 at 14:54.

Images

Yeah, bad first step. No big deal. Good that you can dust yourself off.

Lots of people get bored with hiking after many weeks. Probably the biggest reason people quit thru-hikes (even though other reasons are offered up). It just stops being fun.

++ New Posts ++