WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Somewhere in the wilds of Western Massachusetts
    Journal Entries

Default A question about the quotes shown under some entries to threads

Greetings......as a fairly new member to WB & a very low tech (ignorant?) computer user, I have noticed that many members have what appears to be a meaningful/favorite quote under their entries. As an avid reader, I keep many that appeal to me in a notebook & would like to utilize this option as well. My question is, how is this done? I went into my profile & saw a 'Signature' option. Is that the function I would use? Many thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Pod Bob:1504811
    Greetings......as a fairly new member to WB & a very low tech (ignorant?) computer user, I have noticed that many members have what appears to be a meaningful/favorite quote under their entries. As an avid reader, I keep many that appeal to me in a notebook & would like to utilize this option as well. My question is, how is this done? I went into my profile & saw a 'Signature' option. Is that the function I would use? Many thanks for the help!
    Yes. Hopefully you have s better one then mine.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation, Rasty.....it's much appreciated! As far as your sig. quote goes, I think it's great!! Reminds me of my late step-father, Alex, who called himself the "Chicken Man". He had an unlimited # of poultry related jokes, a few rubber chickens in various locations around the house in Punta Gorda Isles, Fl. (he owned a toy mfg company in Chicago before retiring), as well as some of the best chicken recipes I've ever tasted! As a side note, I worked/lived full time on a chicken farm (all hens for egg production) here in Western Mass every summer as a kid, from the age of 12 until the military got ahold of me right after high school. So, our feathered fowl friends are quite dear to me! And oh, so damn tasty!!!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    And here it is................

Journal Entries

Oops....did I mention that I'm tech challenged!! “The whole concept of 'wild' was decidedly European, one not shared by the original inhabitants of this continent. What we called 'wilderness' was to the Indian a homeland, 'abiding loveliness' in Salish or Piegan. The land was not something to be feared or conquered, and 'wildlife' were neither wild nor alien; they were relatives.”
    Doug Peacock, Grizzly Years: In Search of the American Wilderness

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Pod Bob View Post
    Oops....did I mention that I'm tech challenged!! “The whole concept of 'wild' was decidedly European, one not shared by the original inhabitants of this continent. What we called 'wilderness' was to the Indian a homeland, 'abiding loveliness' in Salish or Piegan. The land was not something to be feared or conquered, and 'wildlife' were neither wild nor alien; they were relatives.”
    Doug Peacock, Grizzly Years: In Search of the American Wilderness
    Damn....no more than 200 characters allowed.....gotta find another one. Oh well, I'm a firm follower of the 'KISS' principle, so I will!

++ New Posts ++