WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by JosephDurham View Post
    That’s an awesome idea! You don’t happen to have any of those photos you could share with us do you?
    I don't. He showed them to me, but didn't share them with me.
    Time is but the stream I go afishin' in.
    Thoreau

Well, I went and did it. I just bought the GoPro hero 7 black. Should be here in a few days. After researching and watching all of the amazing videos I couldn’t pass it up. On our last trip to TN we took over 1000 photos. Now with all of the features of the GoPro, and fixing it to take time lapse photos, etc.......cannot wait.

Thank you to everyone that responded.
    Congrats. Share some footage after you’ve had a chance to use it. I’m interested in seeing how much they’ve improved the GoPro.

I find most GoPro footage to be dull and boring. The super wide angle removes just about all perspective.

Thank you Southeast. I am excited.
    I have two memory cards, screen protector, and a backpack clip ordered for it as well. Still need to get a couple of other toys for it, i.e. selfie stick, really like the wireless remote, and a case for everything. But, all in due time. I will
    Be certain to post some footage or pics once I get it.

Thank you Southeast. I am excited.
    I have two memory cards, screen protector, and a backpack clip ordered for it as well. Still need to get a couple of other toys for it, i.e. selfie stick, really like the wireless remote, and a case for everything. But, all in due time. I will
    Be certain to post some footage or pics once I get it.
    I really like the UltraPod tripod if you are looking at accessories.
    It functions as a small tripod (like the Gorillapod ones); the velcro on it allows me to attach it to my hiking pole for a selfie stick (this is were I always carry the tripod so it’s easily accessible; camera goes in my font pocket); and you can velcro it to a tree or fence or bear bag or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast View Post
    I really like the UltraPod tripod if you are looking at accessories.
    It functions as a small tripod (like the Gorillapod ones); the velcro on it allows me to attach it to my hiking pole for a selfie stick (this is were I always carry the tripod so it’s easily accessible; camera goes in my font pocket); and you can velcro it to a tree or fence or bear bag or whatever.
    Thank you very much for this info!
    I have been trying to figure out what accessories besides the obvious to get, just haven’t decided yet. I think I’ll have to wait until I get to actually play with the GoPro before I can decide. The backpack clip I am rather excited to have. I can attach it to my ruck sack as I am hiking and have it setup to take time lapse photos. I’ll have a running story board of the trails.

How do you attach to pack strap?

Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
    How do you attach to pack strap?
    This is what I purchased and based on the reviews, will be perfect. https://www.amazon.com/Sametop-Backp.../dp/B01BSE454S

I shoot videos with a Sony x3000. At the time, the Go Pro equivalent (Black 5 or 6) had inferior audio pickup and stabilization compared to the Sony and I had already been using Sony cams. The new GP7 is nice and you should be happy with it, though. Keep a smartphone handy for stills. Most of these action cams take poor stills.

E0E1D3BC-9EDB-4327-8A5C-F69A749AD1BE.jpeg
    Gopro 7 hero, the smart remote, and screen covers have all come in. I’ve gotten to use it a few times and even did a time lapse video.
    I love this thing. Thank you to everyone for your input.

Cool! There is a setting called Linear Mode. Play with that and see what you think. It reduces the "fish-eye" effect. It does do digitally, though, so be sure you like your footage when using it but it should give your video a more cinematic look.

Here is the time lapse video I shot. Short, 2 seconds lol. But, I was running out of battery, and just experimenting. I plan on doing one of the night stars once the weather clears up.
    https://youtu.be/ZFo9GCH2JAw

I’ve got the hero 7 black coming in soon, how are you liking it?

I don’t regret spending one penny on it! It will be amazing when I go to the smokies in 92 days. I can’t wait to capture everything. I even did a night video of the stars with mine but because of the resolution I wasn’t able to load it. But it was so neat to see the stars move. It is an amazing camera. When will yours be in?

I don’t regret spending one penny on it! It will be amazing when I go to the smokies in 92 days. I can’t wait to capture everything. I even did a night video of the stars with mine but because of the resolution I wasn’t able to load it. But it was so neat to see the stars move. It is an amazing camera. When will yours be in?
    I have a 6b now but the 7 will be in early next week. The new hypersmooth is what convinced me to upgrade. I did the deal where you send in an old camera and get $100 off and I sold my old one so not too bad for the upgrade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++