WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
    I don't see where you have any dates listed... but I live near Yellowstone and am there a lot. I drive a small car and couldn't shuttle your group from the airport to wherever, BUT, if you have a hike from Blacktail Plateau to Roosevelt (just as examples), if I'm available, you could drop off your group at Blacktail TH, and drive to Roosevelt, where I could pick you up and take you back to Blacktail. I'd be willing to do that from spots on the Grand Loop Road, or the Lamar Valley Road, or the East Entrance Road. (I try to avoid getting near the West Entrance Road.) Again, that's dependent on your dates, but that would mean your van would be there to greet you when you hiked out.
    Pringles

Pringles..a very generous offer and I am truly grateful. Dogwood and Slo-Go-en, appreciate your input. At this time, i am looking at several NF and/or wilderness areas after reading/researching and have maps ordered and on the way. I want to avoid permits and that process (thus avoiding the NP's and will have to pay the extra for transportation, either renting or getting shuttled. As someone has said, these trips that are not in your backyard require the investment. Those of us who live nearby to great places to backpack are very, very fortunate. As always, thanks and any other thoughts or comments are always welcome.

4shot, The offer will stand. Again, it’s dependent on dates. I understand about the investment part. I admit the scenery in other areas is likely more stunning, but it’s pretty cool looking out of your tent at night, and seeing steam rise off of thermal features. Twice last summer, I had views from camp of 200 foot waterfalls, and then there’s the wildlife... . Anyway, if Yellowstone ends up on the plan, let me know. Have a great trip.

In that case you might want to look into BLM lands in MT and WY. Some are adjacent to the NP's. Much fewer crowds and sometimes no competition. Some beautiful western sites are managed by the BLM. Existing infrastructure like public transportation can be lacking adding to logistics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++