WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Conditions could be crazy. Last week was our "January thaw", which came a bit late. I don't know how central Vermont faired, but here in the Whites the snow is now like concrete. Put a foot of fresh snow on top of that and it gets real interesting. Good luck!
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Well , I made up here to the inn after driving all night took a 1 hr. Nap in the parking lot until it got light enough to see. Then headed up to pico camp via the sherborne trail the first 1/2 mile had been snow shoe the other 2 miles I broke trail wow what a workout. Going down some of those creek beds and climbing back out was very tuff. It took me 5 hrs. To climb 2.5 miles hence 1/2 mile an hour. I was up to my waist a couple times but them msr snow shoes with flotation are really nice awesome to walk in snow with. Very nice cabin pico had it to myself, the next morning, afternoon I snowshoe back down. Then the next day I snowshoe up the deer leap trail it was very nice. So today my birthday I skied all day at pico . Whew I'm tired, sitting at the inn drinking crown and coke enjoying good food. GOOD TIMES!!!!

Images

Sounds like a fun couple days.
    HBD1

Bet your glad we talked you out of doing that 20 mile hike, eh? Glad you have a blast with the plan B hike.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Yeah really fun couple of days a real blast. And for sure I'm glad I came here for advice thanks again for all replys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++