WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default How to get to Springer

I am looking for a little adventure in getting to the trail this year. Thinking of taking the MegaBus to downtown Atlanta, Marta as far north as possible but how to get to Springer from there? Shuttle, Uber (?). anything I haven't thought of? Coming from Nashville.

Several shuttles run from the North Springs MARTA station up on GA 400. You could possibly Uber from there as well, but a shuttle would be better. It is cheaper to go to Amicalola Falls SP than it is to Springer Mtn at FS42 with most shuttle drivers due to the dirt FS roads vs state highway to Amicalola.

If you want to get a little more creative, take Amtrak from Atlanta to Gainesville and grab a shuttle from there!

Call Ron Brown, He will not let ya down. Call asap as he fills up fast for spring time
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Are you thru-hiking or sectioning? If you are sectioning, you can get parking on the N end of your section and get shuttle to Springer.

You can get family or friend to drop you off at Springer. It will be a shorter drive straight from Nashville to Springer than to Atlanta and up to the Springer area.

It would be easier to get a Greyhound from Nashville to Cleveland TN or Dalton Ga, you can get a AT/BMT shuttle pickup easier around that area. Going to Atlanta would be out of the way.

Heck...just jump off at Dalton and hike the GA Pinhoti and BMT to Springer, or the first AT crossing.

There is a sizeable AT hiker community in Nashville. This post might get someone. Also check with REI Brentwood for suggestions.
    Last edited by Tennessee Viking; 01-16-2019 at 18:23.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Call Ron Brown, He will not let ya down. Call asap as he fills up fast for spring time
    I contacted Ron to pick me up at the North Springs Marta this Coming March. He responded quickly to my email and offered reasonable rates.

Images

I'm sectioning but for 30 days so don't want to park my car remote that long. Sounds like a Shuttle from Marta may be my best option. I ran it by Ron Brown, as suggested here, earlier this month and he will be it if not booked when I am ready.

Thanks all.

When are you going? I'm looking for someone (s) to split a shuttle Sunday April 14, 2019
    Last edited by lahines25; 02-19-2019 at 17:20.

++ New Posts ++