WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

I highly recommend Gambit's information. I section hiked all of VA over the last three years (and ran into Gambit and Slo-go'en over that time) and I used Don Raines for my two sections out of Pearisburg and parked at the Giles Farm Bureau for both, stayed at Mountain Home BB in Front Royal and used Marc Cusic (304-433-0028 and [email protected]) for my shuttles there, and used Gary Serra for my shuttles around Buena Vista. I have also heard good things about Homer as a shuttle service.

Also, you may or may not find this information helpful:
    https://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthr...rry?highlight=

“Rusha”

This is incredibly helpful...thanks so much. I’ve already spoken at length to Ratface Raines, so I have a really good start. Will reach out to all the others you mentioned, too. 👍

Harpers Ferry Front Royal area: Mark "Strings" Cusic is your shuttle. Great guy. Knows the trail. Parking at 4H camp near Front Royal is free and right on the trail

I parked at Outdoor Trails in Daleville. They're an outfitter in a small mall very close to the trail. They were very helpful in getting me going and pointing me in the right direction and said there was no problem parking out in the middle of the lot.

The Bear's Den hostile was a great spot to stay. Very clean, reasonably priced, and a frozen pizza and pint of Ben & Jerry's included. They're along the trail about 20 miles south of Harpers Ferry.
    Last edited by bighammer; 01-16-2019 at 00:49.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++