WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Gear list for May 1st

Thinking of doing the GA section starting May 1st. I'm not built for speed, so figuring 10 days. I've 250+ miles on the AT but it was all summer/fall hiking in VA and PA. This will be my longest trek. My concern is clothing. I don't want to lug stuff, but don't want to be "that guy" who kept everyone up with chattering teeth. Anything to add or delete? I do have a trowel, but forgot it was attached to pack. Clothing is insectashield treated and also forgot a pair of dirty girls gators hiding in my boots. I have a pair of OBOZ low cuts that I may wear instead of the keens.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks reasonable to me! GA in May might be warm. I would probably wear long pant, but that's personal preference. Maybe take an extra shirt, since things do get gamy out on the trail in hot weather. My big 4 is a few pounds lighter, but you are choosing to use a slightly heavier pack and tent. No problem, really. Still reasonable total weight. Go for it.

I myself would bring a puffy, that early you can still get some cool temps especially at the higher elevations. But I get cold easy.

++ New Posts ++