WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Foothills Trail

Quote Originally Posted by BILLK View Post
    I enjoyed the "eastatoe narrows spur off the Foothills Trail, easy logging road most of the hike then sharp drop down to narrows / falls. The ferns that line the walls only grow there and Jamaica
    in North America.
    Are coming off the FHT or doing it coming down the abandoned logging road on the east side south of Rocky Bottom off 178? PM me if you're coming from 178.

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    Awesome! I know who to go to with questions. Piney River is at the top of my list for upcoming hikes.

So you’ve been hiking the Cumberland Trail? I’m going to hike a few more sections then no more, at least not until there’s better maintenance and support for hikers. I’ve become very frustrated with the CT.

Have you hiked at Obed Wild and Scenic River?
    No and no on those.
    Several places I named fall on the Cumberland Trail route, but last I checked it was not complete and had a lot of gaps.
    I read about Obed, but think there was just a short hike up to a point, and maybe something along the river for a ways(?), so kind of dismissed it.
    I haven't been keeping up, though. Said I was up there all the time, but wasn't thinking. Until a CO trip last fall got me fired up about backpacking again, I'd mostly been mountain biking the last couple years(even skipped Big South Fork winter before last), and have just gotten back to my "normal" hiking habits of the previous 6yrs or so since then.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++