WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Section hike Franklin NC to Damascus Spring 2019, before or after bubble

I am in the early stages of planning a section hike from Franklin NC to Damascus, VA in the spring of 2019.It could go further north as I need to complete the trail up to the Black Rock shelter. I am looking for hiking partner(s) who enjoy the walk and not the destination, male or female, but no dogs. I quite often backpack with female hikers from our hiking club in PA. I would like to hike NOBO and have some help with the shuttle from Damascus to NC or some other mode of transportation. not sure of what's available. Dates are flexible at this time, but I would like to avoid the NOBO bubble and Damascus days. I have completed about one-half of the trail. .
    If this sounds like something you would be interested in please contact me and give me your thoughts on the hike.

Doctor Tom - Senior hiker (60+) looking to get back to the trail in 2019. Interested in the section from Greasy Gap to Damascus (100 miles). Thru-hiked in 2009 so I have experience on the trail. Keep me posted on your plans. My email is [email protected]. Live in Parkton, MD, just below the Mason-Dixon line south of York. - Sondance Kid

If you start around the last week of April, you'll miss most of the bubble but there will still be lots of others around. You'll also get to Damascus about 2 weeks after Trial Days and miss that mess. The weather should be pretty mild by then too.

I plan on starting at Springer around Arpil 16 and hike to Marion, VA. I should hit Franklin about 10 days later. Unless I change my mind and do something esle But I would like to do GA/NC again. It looks like there is no good way to get to Springer from the Tampa, FL area where I'll be visiting my Dad. That complicates the decision. I'll probably have to rent a car.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I will be starting a section from Franklin to Standing bear on the 26th of April. Might meet you on the trail if you’ll be in the area around then. Depending on travel and shuttle arrangements, I will probably only get to the first shelter (around 4 miles) on day one.

++ New Posts ++