WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I use aqua clips when its not too hot, but they are a PITA to keep secure to my shoulder straps. When it is hot, I use a bladder with a quick disconnect set-up that allows to easily refill without taking the bladder out. For me, having the bladder translates into much more frequent hydration. My tube has a magnetic clip that reclips after dropping the tube.

The justin anderson option looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
    I use aqua clips when its not too hot, but they are a PITA to keep secure to my shoulder straps
    i-7fJcpCf-M.jpg
    I attach my aqua clip using a velcro straps, but it kept sliding up and out of the strap. I've found that if you heat up the bottom 1/2 inch of the aquaclip slightly, just enough to get the plastic soft, and bend it 90 degrees so you have about 1/3 of an inch lip, it will stop it from sliding out.
    Last edited by Nanatuk; 12-20-2018 at 02:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanatuk View Post
    i-7fJcpCf-M.jpg
    I attach my aqua clip using a velcro straps, but it kept sliding up and out of the strap. I've found that if you heat up the bottom 1/2 inch of the aquaclip slightly, just enough to get the plastic soft, and bend it 90 degrees so you have about 1/3 of an inch lip, it will stop it from sliding out.
    Interesting. Could you describe how you remove the bottle to drink from? I have clips, and where you have the orange line, I have elastic. I can simply pull up. The clip slides out of the pack strap and the bottle slides out of the elastic. Now if I fall, there is the issue that the bottle takes off! With your heated and bent end to the Aqua clip, I'm not sure how you (conveniently) remove the bottle.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    Interesting. Could you describe how you remove the bottle to drink from? I have clips, and where you have the orange line, I have elastic. I can simply pull up. The clip slides out of the pack strap and the bottle slides out of the elastic. Now if I fall, there is the issue that the bottle takes off! With your heated and bent end to the Aqua clip, I'm not sure how you (conveniently) remove the bottle.
    I remove the bottle from the clip rather than the aquaclip from the pack. I find it very easy to pull the bottle in one motion from the clip when I'm ready to drink. Securing it takes two motions, snap it back into the clip, then pull the orange cord over the bottom of the bottle. All very easy to do while on the move. The orange cord is shock/elastic cord and I usually don't have to readjust it when returning the bottle to the clip. I use the cord toggle only to eliminate any rattles or squeaks.

I heated and bent the bottom of the clip to prevent it from sliding out. That does prevent it from being used separately, but I don't find that to be a problem. If I need to carry bottles to the spring, I usually just use a loop of cord around the necks of the bottles and a carabiner that can be attached to a belt loop.

Zpacks kit include a rubber end cap to slide over the end of the Aquaclip that performs the same function as the bend.
    Last edited by Nanatuk; 12-20-2018 at 12:28.

I also find it difficult to access side pockets for water, so what I started doing when I first started hiking was to use a water bottle sling. Chico bag? I loop it through the carry/ hanging handle of the pack and let it ride behind my arm. When I want some water, it's easy to get to.

Not sure if I can hotlink...
    Last edited by MtDoraDave; 12-22-2018 at 08:24.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++