WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Anyone from Europe going / been abroad on the AT?

Morning,

I'm off to hike the AT in March and wondered if anyone else if making their way across this year.

My visa application interview is coming up (thankfully I live in London so its an easy enough place to get myself to) and then it's all about trying to get my head around the logistics of the walk with family all on the other side of the Atlantic! Different set of difficulties to most on the forums I think

Hmm, wrong forum. Just trying to work out how to cancel / move the thread.

Hi, Welcome....and I'm not sure you can move a post.....not sure anyone except Admin/Moderators can.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

Thank you for the info, I've now asked a moderator to simply delete this thread.
    No need for it to waste space here.

Quote Originally Posted by onlylearning View Post
    Morning,

I'm off to hike the AT in March and wondered if anyone else if making their way across this year.

My visa application interview is coming up (thankfully I live in London so its an easy enough place to get myself to) and then it's all about trying to get my head around the logistics of the walk with family all on the other side of the Atlantic! Different set of difficulties to most on the forums I think
    I'd start a thread in the UK aimed at UKers doing U.S. LD trails this yr. Every yr International Backpackers are on the AT doing Thru-hikes. In my times on the AT and PCT being gregarious with International hikers one of the most represented countries/areas are those hailing from the UK. There are a few that do post on WB too.

Images

There will be plenty of European hikers on the AT next year. Hundred of you, most likely. Every long hike I have done on the AT, I have spent time hiking with folks from overseas. It's an enjoyable part of the experience for me.

Hope you have a good hike.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

++ New Posts ++