WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Rab Positron or Outdoor Research Alpine Down Hooded Jacket - Women

Hello,
    I am unable to find the quantity of down (oz) in the Outdoor Research Women's Alpine Down Hooded Jacket.

It does not seem to be quoted anywhere. Anyone with some experience about this Alpine belay jacket?

How does it compare with a Rab Positron Pro that has about 9.7 oz of 800 down for the women version?
    Thanks,
    Minos

For what it's worth, I received a men's positron yesterday and was surprised by how little loft it has. Has me questioning the specs I had read about fill quantity.

From top to bottom in the attached picture: Feathered Friends Frontpoint Parka, Rab Positron, Mammut Ambler (all are men's XL).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CalebJ; 11-21-2018 at 09:39.

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    For what it's worth, I received a men's positron yesterday and was surprised by how little loft it has. Has me questioning the specs I had read about fill quantity.

From top to bottom in the attached picture: Feathered Friends Frontpoint Parka, Rab Positron, Mammut Ambler (all are men's XL).
    So, we tried the Rab Positron in February in Fairbanks. It looked very well made and very puffy.
    Temperatures in the -30C ~ -20F with no exercising (i.e. standing still).
    Worked very well. Gf was toasty warm with a 200 fleece below and a hard shell parka on top.

Minos

Good to know. Did yours look just like the one I pictured? I'm curious if there's a generational change in the jacket at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    Good to know. Did yours look just like the one I pictured? I'm curious if there's a generational change in the jacket at some point.
    I guess it does but it's hard to tell from the picture.
    I think the Men's and Women's versions that I bought had slightly more loft than depicted.
    I am happy about it.
    Minos

++ New Posts ++