WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Sil Net vs Seam Grip + SIL

Whats the difference between these products? both appear to be for Silnylon both products come from Gear Aid, although I've seen the same product (Sil Net) with a green label from McNett.
    417VRzeu5IL.jpg61CE1IsnlvL._SX569_.jpg

Seems they are the same. McNett became Gear Aid back in 2016. The McNett products are just old stock.

The Seam Grip that most will see in stores is a urethane adhesive(good for using on polyurethane coated fabric or cuben), while Sil-net and Aquaseal are silicone based adhesives(good for use on silnylon). The Seam Grip+ above looks like it has a silicone additive.

Thanks, After doing some additional research, I think I've determined that I should use pure silicone, no additives, to seam seal a sil-nylon tent.

I just got a great deal on a lightly used Stephensons Warmlite Climbers tent and it appears to never been seam sealed.

Dfferent packaging obviously because my go-to seam sealer for my Hilleberg tent flys have always been McNett's Silnet. There urethane sealer is called Seam Grip. Now it's much more confusing because you see both words used on the same tube---Seam Grip and Sil. Stupid decision on their part---as the new tube IS NOT Seam Grip but as it says on the side "Silicone Tent Treatment". I just ordered this from Amazon last week and it better be the same McNett's silnet of old.

++ New Posts ++