WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Gear Review: Osprey Aura 50L

Specs: Osprey Aura 50L, size medium, weight 4lbs 3oz with brain

The night before my Collegiate Peaks Loop attempt the vertical stays in my Arc Haul bent and my only other backpacks were 400 miles away in Idaho. I had one choice; to drive the 120 miles to Colorado Springs and the REI to purchase a new backpack so I could get on the trail.As I have my gear dialed in to my 62L (49L main compartment) Arc Haul I knew I didn’t need anything larger so the Aura 50L seemed to be a good starting place. As soon as I put the pack on it fit like a glove and kind of felt like I was being hugged from behind. It was a novel concept and feeling.

Continue Review here: https://nomadicpawprints.wordpress.c...prey-aura-50l/

Nice review. I have been considering this pack since I think my base weight might still be just a bit too heavy for the Zpacks. Thanks.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

Quote Originally Posted by TwoSpirits View Post
    Nice review. I have been considering this pack since I think my base weight might still be just a bit too heavy for the Zpacks. Thanks.
    Thanks. Glad to hear it was useful.

"As soon as I put the pack on it fit like a glove and kind of felt like I was being hugged from behind."

That's why people use Osprey.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    Specs: Osprey Aura 50L, size medium, weight 4lbs 3oz with brain

The night before my Collegiate Peaks Loop attempt the vertical stays in my Arc Haul bent and my only other backpacks were 400 miles away in Idaho. I had one choice; to drive the 120 miles to Colorado Springs and the REI to purchase a new backpack so I could get on the trail.As I have my gear dialed in to my 62L (49L main compartment) Arc Haul I knew I didn’t need anything larger so the Aura 50L seemed to be a good starting place. As soon as I put the pack on it fit like a glove and kind of felt like I was being hugged from behind. It was a novel concept and feeling.

Continue Review here: https://nomadicpawprints.wordpress.c...prey-aura-50l/
    I have the same feeling about mine. I had an Osprey Ariel, and it was fine, until I packed my husbands Atmos a few times. It had features I liked a lot and finally splurged for a new pack. It feels heavy in my hands, but once I strap it on, it is so comfortable. I almost don’t notice it.

++ New Posts ++