WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1-3 fellow females for hike and expense share June 2019

47 year old female looking for 1-3 fellow females in St. Louis area to share hike and hotel expenses June 8-24, 2019 from Big Stamp to Fontana Dam. Driving to daily end point and shuttling to start point. Hotel/cabin and shuttle expenses estimated at 2300. Staying at hotels and cabins to calm husband and parents! 15lb yorkie will accompany me. Open to schedule changes and hiking at own pace as my pace is only about 1.5 mph.

Still looking for female companions to hike from Big Stamp to Fontana Dam, June 2019. Negotiable hotel stays for more trail camping.

Steph, I may be interested. Sending you PM.
    Just ignore it

If you're on Facebook, I recommend joining the Appalachian Trail Women's Group and posting this there, as this forum has a relatively small readership (particularly female readership). That group has lots of women who are just getting started with backpacking so they might be interested in this kind of trip. You can also find a lot of encouragement and firsthand experience of reassuring worried family members about your new "dangerous" hobby. (No need for them to fear for your safety! The AT is probably less dangerous than your hometown.)
    A.T. 2018 Thru-hiker
    Follow along at www.tefltrekker.com

++ New Posts ++