WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default New kindle paperwhite

I値l start with a disclaimer. I have no financial or other association with Amazon other than as a customer.

There is a new Kindle Paperwhite being released in a couple weeks or so. The big news is that it is waterproof and priced at $129. There is also a trade in option to trade almost any old kindle for 25% off any new kindle. Amazon pays shipping for the trade. Anyway, I知 pretty excited.

I upgraded last year to a kindle that was waterproof. I wonder what's new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me go

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Kobzol View Post
    There's always something new Maybe it's time to trade in my original Kindle with the keyboard?
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Kobzol View Post
    You probably have a different model, the Oasis. The Paperwhite is just now getting a waterproof upgrade.

Here is mine

Let me go

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    There's always something new Maybe it's time to trade in my original Kindle with the keyboard?
    I had an old model with keyboard (smile). I'll be upgrading as soon as my discount comes in. I am set to receive $5 for purchase on Amazon and 25% off a new Kindle. Even with buying a new case my total price should be around $125.

As far as I can tell the big differences:
    Last years waterproof model had a 7 inch screen (some liked it, some didn't), this year is the regular 6 inch screen.
    Last years waterproof model cost around $250, this year is $129.
    The only con I've read about for the new model is lack of an external page turn button. Although the screen tap is said to work pretty well.

I typically wait for new electronic things (phones, Kindles, etc.) to come out and then buy the old model for half price on eBay. However, the reasonable (?) $129 plus a discount for my old Kindle bring the price under $100. This tipped the scales for me. That said, I was otherwise happy with my old Kindle. I just really wanted to not pull out the light (I had a case with built in light) for adequate reading or be by a lamp. The Paperwhite model should be nicely lit even if I change positions away from the lamp (I rarely sit still). The waterproof is so I don't have to worry about spills.

I had an older model Paperwhite and loved it for reading on backpacking trips. I only got rid of it after I upgraded to a larger screen phone that was close enough to not need both devices. Not needing a light was the main reason I got it. The page tap worked great, although I cannot remember if it worked with gloves.

T.S.Kobzol's photo is of the Oasis, the larger model.

Aah thanks. I traded in 2 older kindles

Let me go

++ New Posts ++