WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Water Conditions South of Smokies

Got a few day hike coming up this last week of October and was wondering what the conditions were like recently.

It's been a wet summer and fall near Hot Springs so I'm assuming the same on the other side of the Smokies.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just did dicks creek ga to deep gap nc last weekend. There is plenty at streams marked as dependable on gut hooks. Streams marked as marginal may have water, but you'll need a cup for dipping and plenty of time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Check out my youtube channel
    Ramdino Roaming the Trails

The USGS has real-time stream gages all over the US. Below is a link to USGS gages in Georgia

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ga/nwis/c...oup_key=huc_cd

In the upper right you can select whatever state you want to look at. On the left, down the page a little, is a map with stream gage locations that are color coded according to how high current streamflow conditions are in a given area compared to historical flows. You can also select to see a table of gages grouped by river basin, hydrologic unit, or county within the state. In the table you can select specific stream gages and get lots of detailed current data.

While this won’t give data specific to water sources on the AT, it will give you an idea of whether streamflow conditions are very high, high, average, low, or very low, in a given area.

++ New Posts ++