WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Help me remember a shuttle drivers name

We had to end our hike early, Betty Creek Gap, NC. A shuttle driver was passing through for a pick up at Albert mountain. He told us he would pick us up on the way back through if he had room and he did. He dropped us off at Deep Gap. I told him I would put in a good word for him but I can't find the card he gave me. His name was Jimmy (Jim) and from his accent he is not from around those parts. He drove a gray/silver full size SUV and Winding Stair gap is where he hangs out while waiting for calls.
    Can anyone help me? I would like to put in a good word for him.
    He is listed in one of the guide books (not one that I have though) and is registered with whoever does that sort of thing. He also said he is one of the three shuttle drivers that live next to each other nearby. One of the other shuttle drivers was name Beverly.
    Damn, I can remember all that but not his last name....
    Last edited by GaryM; 10-08-2018 at 21:09. Reason: more info

Journal Entries

I was going to refer you to one of the shuttle lists, but it sounds like you already have checked there? If not, google "AT shuttle list". There's a list on WB, and a couple others.

From the Awol Guide: "Jim Granato, speaks Italian/German/Spanish", listed under the Winding Stair Gap shuttles page.

IIRC, he's the gentleman that is really trying with Bev Carini (whom I took a shuttle with). It was pretty funny watching the interaction, and she kids him about it.
    It is what it is.

Good news, driving up tomorrow to g for a walk. Does anyone have Jim's number? I would like to use him for a shuttle. If not who else would be good for a ride from Winding stair gap to Betty Creek gap??

Leonidas

Beverly's # is 850.572.7352 She shuttled us at Ron's recommendation from Rock Gap to Franklin and back the next day. We met Jim as well, I lost his card though.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

Ok, so a few weeks late but I called Beverly and got a ride from her. Quite as interesting lady and I would be quite happy to call on her again for a shuttle. Apparently Jim was busy with remodeling his house but hey, sometimes life keeps you busy with this sort of thing. Either way I can heartily recommend either of them.

++ New Posts ++