WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by kestral View Post
    Only on Whiteblaze!

Bill...you are a great dad.

A shory skirt over tights, or short length tights, is pretty and practical. Slip the tights off when peeing, this way area is covered and pants/ tights don’t get wet. Use wet wipes (I like the Huggy’s brand baby wipes) to clean area and any misses. Pack out wipes of course in a separate small ziplock bag. Never get alcohol gel on the private parts - hands only. This is my current best go to. Some ladies like to hike without underthings for ease of toileting, I’m not comfortable with this personally, but the little miss may like going lady commando, kinda like guys who rock the kilts. HYOH never rang truer
    I need to get a pee rag sorted out if possible too. It grosses my wife out and she's more into the wipes as well. Better safe than sorry I suppose... but I know many use the pee rag. Especially out west where you can easily sun it... on the AT I suppose you might as well just use wet wipes as that's all your pee rag would turn into eventually.

I like my skirt combined with compression sleeves. Let's me wear whatever sock I like but still get tick/thorn/gaiterlike protection without sweating too bad. Might be good to set her up with something like that. She hasn't started soccer but I can grab a few pair of those too to pair with a skirt. Not a fan of commando myself so doubt I'll send her that way either.

As fer being a decent dad fer a gal... I always thought Alanis had good advice;

"Please be philosophical
    Please be tapped into your femininity
    Please be able to take the wheel from me
    Please be crazy and curious

Papa love your princess so that she will find loving princes familiar
    Papa cry for your princess so that she will find gentle princes familiar....

Papa listen to your princess so that she will find attentive princes familiar
    Papa hear your princess so that she will find curious princes familiar....

Papa laugh with your princess so that she will find funny princes familiar...
    Papa respect your princess so that she will find respectful princes familiar"

'Princes Familiar', Alanis Morrissette

I've been told that my trowels also work well as STP devices (Stand To Pee). YMMV.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

When your daughter turns of age, she might check out the Diva Cup. I have a friend who discovered it for backpacking, went to it for all-time use at home and work, and swears she will introduce that to her daughter (will be in a year or two!) as an alternative to pads/tampax.

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

A styrofoam or paper cup the size of a Dunkin Donuts medium. Drop the drawers, fit it close, and fill it. It's large enough that there should be no leaks occur from either bad aim or overflow. Then pour it on a tree (like dad and bro). The double fascination of filling then pouring is irresistible to youngsters.

Bring a gallon bag for storage.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    A styrofoam or paper cup the size of a Dunkin Donuts medium. Drop the drawers, fit it close, and fill it. It's large enough that there should be no leaks occur from either bad aim or overflow. Then pour it on a tree (like dad and bro). The double fascination of filling then pouring is irresistible to youngsters.

Bring a gallon bag for storage.
    Bah... I mean to raise a woman. No disposable cup fer her. She can pee in her cookpot.

I think we're going to go for it, but that's a good backup plan.

Hugz

Quote Originally Posted by QiWiz View Post
    I've been told that my trowels also work well as STP devices (Stand To Pee). YMMV.
    Expound please.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Images

My wife, who has been hiking and backpacking for years, doesn't use any kind of device.
    Her routine is to walk out of sight with bathroom bag in hand and then return when she is finished.
    I give her privacy so I can't give any details other than to say she squats and takes care of business and then wipes up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++