WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Poll type post: shirt styles feedback question

Hi all,

I would guess already that for some of you, the answer to this post may be more or less like this:
    "I dont care too much about a cool style when hiking or backpacking"

I have designed some sweat wicking/sports material shirts that have cool patterns....as opposed to your usual classic solid colors or your sports workout shirts made by big brands. A pattern is any image/graphic that repeats all over a garment.

Do any of you have any interest in hiking/backpacking short sleeved sweat wicking shirts that have cool/fun designs/patterns?

Thank you

S

-

sure, for 5$ shipped

Do you make women’s shirts? Can the body and sleeve lengths be customized? I have difficulty finding shirts that fit appropriately.

As long as the pattern is neutral colors, I'd be interested.

If they’re not cool I’m out (what do they look like?)

Not just patterns, but even cool graphics/logos on wicking shirts would be cool. It seems the majority of cool shirts with interesting hiking related designs and logos are either cotton or poly/cotton blend. I don't see too many on a nice dri-fit type of fabric. And please avoid the cheap "wicking" material in your product. If you've run enough local 5K's that advertise a free wicking t-shirt, you'll know what I mean.
    It is what it is.

The ice breaker tech t has alot of designs for a technical t shirt.

Its really, really expensive though.

However, my buddies suvived the AT with very reasonable wear. The only holes, small ones too, were rub spots from his pack straps on the shoulders.

He loved that shirt and it looked like an excellent piece if kit. Said he was going to buy another when home.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tombolino View Post
    Do any of you have any interest in hiking/backpacking short sleeved sweat wicking shirts that have cool/fun designs/patterns?
    Plaid. Lots of plaid...

comb-ridge (1).jpg
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Mags, is that nylon or cotton?
    comb-ridge (1).jpg[/QUOTE]

Wrangler Utility Shirt 80% poly, 20% nylon. Some are a different blend. $15 at Wally World. I have three versions of this shirt in different colors.

Great for day hikes and backpacking in hot and muggy Southeast Appalachians. I wore the one in the photo on and off for a year straight.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Wrangler Utility Shirt 80% poly, 20% nylon. Some are a different blend. $15 at Wally World. I have three versions of this shirt in different colors.Great for day hikes and backpacking in hot and muggy Southeast Appalachians. I wore the one in the photo on and off for a year straight.
    And terrible for LNT. Keep the colors neutral, please. When I look down a green (or brown, or snowy white) valley, I want to see the valley, not your red shirt.

-

Quote Originally Posted by AllDownhillFromHere View Post
    And terrible for LNT. Keep the colors neutral, please. When I look down a green (or brown, or snowy white) valley, I want to see the valley, not your red shirt.
    then know how it feels to want

Can he still wear that shirt in red rock canyons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journal Entries

More than once I've complained that so much of the outdoor apparel is solid colors. Sometimes I want to wear flowers, or stripes, or plaid, or paisley, or anything except solid. So put me down as interested.

It is burnt orange...same color as the rocks where there was no one else in site.

Now, if I was still in my native Rhode Island in the thick woods that is congested and never far from I95 , I'd wear a different shirt.

Of course, you do realize plaid has been the de facto color pattern for outdoor users for 500+ years I assume, too?
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...aid-180957342/

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/blog/article/why-do-outdoorsy-people-love-plaid-so-much

https://mensguide.stitchfix.com/feat...tory-of-plaid/

It hides stains, fits into areas outside of the trail, and has a long history in the outdoors.
    As for "Snowy white valley"...egads, you must not do many winter activities. Do you wear white frocks ala the 10th Mtn Division? What color is your winter pack? Shell? Pants?

[QUOTE=Heliotrope;2224842]Can he still wear that shirt in red rock canyons? [QUOTE]

I also wear a gray and blue long sleeve when backpacking. I hope my fellow RIer gives me permission for this shirt as an acceptable fashion item going forward... I was by myself for four days, afterall.

Getting back to the OP:
    Based on the fact that most tech t-shirts are colorful, and many active outdoors people seem to wear plaid, I'm gonna assume there is a market for funky shirts. If they are reasonably priced and stand out from the usual offerings!
    Last edited by Mags; 10-04-2018 at 16:50.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

What is the minimum sweat/wick technology shirts should have? What would it achieve for you?

I see all kinds of shirts on the trail, from Target to high end stuff.

I cant personally tell which would be best bc I use stuff on the cheaper side.

++ New Posts ++