WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    4) Like Dogwood I also carry an MLD Burn. But I have also made modifications that allows me to hike at least half a day without taking my pack off.
    What type of modifications ?

Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    You mentioned carrying fur in the title but I don't see any fur in your list.
    +1 -- fur????

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCut View Post
    For myself I have a Smart water bottle attached to each shoulder strap w/ included mix, on the go munchies such as bars, trail mixes, or dried fruits and nuts go in a side pocket or if I'm using the custom removable webbing belt w/ "hip belt" Pockets food goes in one of those. Easy to snack and drink on the go. Only time I need to take the Burn off is for a layer change or remove/ use stored trekking poles. It's not just these mods though. It's one's approach, to be constantly on the move with little down time similar to yourself SteelCut. Malto's a strong hiker too. Seen here in a very strong group of "lifers." I think that's Malto's Burn. It's what Swami was/is using too.

I'm still working on the layer change without taking the Burn off. Watching females take their bras off(with their shirts still on) without removing their packs is a feat I still have to master without tying myself into a ball or falling.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCut View Post
    I added a total of eight pouches, 6 to the hip belt and two to the shoulder straps. Two of those hip belt pouches usually contain either water and/or Malto Mix and the other two contain all the food that I need for at least half a day. The final two hold all the little crap. This allows up to almost seven pounds of weight to be shifted from the back onto the hip belt. In a couple of long water carries I had shifted a food pouch to hold a third quart of water. This is the main reason that I often go for half a day without taking my pack off, everything is accessible.
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Images

Thanks for the info Malto and Dogwood.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

Quote Originally Posted by theoilman View Post
    +1 -- fur????
    OK, typos can be fun but haven't you guys beaten this one to death already?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++