WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by notbad View Post
    Thank you Rob! SHR is definitely on the list.( don’t tell my wife I have a list) Man... I’d love to be the one to say go for it. I’d even love to come back for another tour! Two points I’ll make. There are definitely a couple spots on the route I wouldn’t want to be stuck in a 3 day Bufffalo NY style snowstorm! If you do have the patience to wait until around Labor Day next year I’ll as much as promise perfect weather in that window. I spent 23 days there during that time frame in last two years. I had three rain showers. The longest one being two hours! Seems to be the window between the end of afternoon thunderstorms and early season snow...
    Good advice here, Rob. Just like Colorado. Definitely already had several big snow storms in NW Wyoming...ski resorts are already posting pictures...so agree with Notbad...if you can wait for end of August/beginning of September 2019 you'd be in good shape. Doug can tell you about about his group of his friends that hiked in the WRR a week after we did and snow forced them to quit after 3 days.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    Good advice here, Rob. Just like Colorado. Definitely already had several big snow storms in NW Wyoming...ski resorts are already posting pictures...so agree with Notbad...if you can wait for end of August/beginning of September 2019 you'd be in good shape. Doug can tell you about about his group of his friends that hiked in the WRR a week after we did and snow forced them to quit after 3 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by notbad View Post
    Thank you Rob! SHR is definitely on the list.( don’t tell my wife I have a list) Man... I’d love to be the one to say go for it. I’d even love to come back for another tour! Two points I’ll make. There are definitely a couple spots on the route I wouldn’t want to be stuck in a 3 day Bufffalo NY style snowstorm! If you do have the patience to wait until around Labor Day next year I’ll as much as promise perfect weather in that window. I spent 23 days there during that time frame in last two years. I had three rain showers. The longest one being two hours! Seems to be the window between the end of afternoon thunderstorms and early season snow...
    Cool, thanks for the heads up you two, I'll be patient! It's just that the weather in CO has been so perfect... but of course, 400 miles further north can be very different. Again, thanks!

It's cooled down a lot here over the past couple of days. Here in Casper it is supposed to be highs in the 60s with potential of rain. I think we're done with 90s weather.

Awesome trip!! love seeing the pics...yes, late to the thread, but still saw it!!

Hi mama smurf!... glad you enjoyed... how have you been?

Awesome pictures and write up; thanks for sharing! A trip to the winds is definitely near the top of my list.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++