WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default ISO Sea To Summit Aeros Pillow Premium

Wanting to try this pillow, but hoping to find a used/cheaper one ($35 on Amazon prime) Anyone have one they'd like to off load?

No. I like all of mine and I'm keeping them all. There are cheap knockoffs of the not-so-premium Aeros pillows on ebay and amazon. The real thing is pretty nice for me.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

It is worth the money... . Between that and my long and wide Neoair, sleeping in the woods has gotten much, much better.

My first Aeros pillow was absolutely worth the money. When I bought it four years ago, it was the only inflatable pillow that came anywhere close to working well for me. At the time S2S came out with the Aeros pillow, I had just spend several days experimenting with every other inflatable pillow I could find in the local outfitters (which was most if not all the pillows on the market at that time) and none of the inflatable pillows worked for me, including the Exped which had raving reviews. So, I just bought and used a small synthetically filled pillow . . . until . . . S2S released their Aeros pillow and I haven't looked back.

I also like their ultra-light Aeros pillow for which there are cheap knockoffs available. I have no idea how well the cheap knockoffs work as I already have my S2S pillows and don't need yet another inflatable pillow, even if it is dirt cheap.

If you want to try a cheap knockoff, here is an amazon link to one of several.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
    It is worth the money... . Between that and my long and wide Neoair, sleeping in the woods has gotten much, much better.
    [Like Button Pressed]

The link that nsherry61 offers is to a type of pillow I have bought. It has a nice texture, and feels good to the skin, but it's not as thick as the S2S pillow. It's maybe an inch less thick, and for a side sleeper, that makes a huge difference. I guess it makes all the difference, because I've abandoned the two of those that I have and only really consider taking my S2S. I think those might be fine for back sleepers, along with Klymet inflatables. As a side sleeper, that extra thickness is what makes it work. I have tried, and sort of succeeded, using one of those $13 inflatables, and stacking a jacket or something on top, or putting the inflatable on top of my hiking shoes, but in the night, those things all separate and I wake, unhappy--or at least sad. My S2S pillow just works. And it comes in a couple of pleasant colors. Who can resist? :-)

++ New Posts ++