WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default New Book, EVERGREEN DREAMING

Hello WhiteBlaze friends,

Earlier this year I mentioned my new book, Evergreen Dreaming: Tail Tales of an Aging Hiker. Well, it's finally published! It's available here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/17...DER92JYF1V685M

My book concerns my section hikes on the AT and CDT over the last five years (with several mentions of WhiteBlaze). I discuss interesting people I met, my bear encounter in Shenandoah, my thoughts on environment and culture, and many other things, all from the perspective of someone slightly older than the average hiker. It's available in both paperback and ebook form.

Matt Angerer, the real "Katz" from A Walk in the Woods, says he likes it better than James Brown's Live at the Apollo album. Not sure Evergreen Dreaming is worthy of such high praise, but I'll take it! Anyway, I hope you'll check it out. Not to brag, but I think most everyone here will enjoy it.

Thanks everyone, and if you could spread the word, I'd be very grateful!

41CEJ2chYdL.jpg

Images

Well done, sir. Congratulations!

Congratulations! I'm getting a copy now and will add it to my reading list along with Just Bill's "Lying on the Trail," which I bought last week.

Good job! Many daydream about writing a book, some even start, but the process is difficult and discouraging. To finish a worthy project like this is a grand thing, congratulations!

Thanks all. If you get the book, I'd be anxious to hear what you think of it (good and bad). I tried to make it interesting and easy to read, so that non-hikers can also enjoy it, but I also didn't want it to sound like "fluff." Keeping my fingers crossed that it strikes a good chord!

Just an update on my trail hiking book (Evergreen Dreaming)...it's getting some reviews on Amazon (and a few were not from family or friends!). I'd love to get feedback from trail experts, like you folks on WhiteBlaze, so if anyone feels inclined, I'm very grateful! Also, does anyone have contact info for David Miller (AWOL)? I can't seem to leave comments through his website. I mention him in the book, so I wanted to let him know about it. Thanks!

Here's the link:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...C9RR1AY6751BB2

I started reading it at the beginning of the month. Currently in the Whites and it brought back memories of my hike up Webster Cliffs and on to Mt Washington. Enjoying it as I decompress from my Thru Hike.
    "gbolt" on the Trail

I am Third

We are here to help one another along life's journey. Keep the Faith!

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCik...NPHW7vu3vhRBGA

Hey, thanks gbolt. Hope you like the book (feel free to leave an Amazon review, even just one or two sentences, as those things supposedly help). Those Whites were pretty rough, but also real scenic. Congrats on your thru hike...I'm in awe, especially since we're close in age (and both from SW Ohio; I live in southern Warren County!). Happy trails!

I got it on Kindle a while ago but haven't gotten around to it actually reading it yet! (My stack of books to read is way too high...) I'm doing an overnight hike next week and will bring it with me. I'll be sure to post a review on Amazon.

Ok good sir. As a way to show my support for others on this forum and an opportunity to step out of my luddite ways, I just bought the kindle version and will attempt to read it on my phone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Cool, thanks for the support, PennyPincher. Also, if anyone has contact info for David Miller ("AWOL on the AT"), I'd like to let him know, since I mention him in the book.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by greenpete View Post
    Cool, thanks for the support, PennyPincher. Also, if anyone has contact info for David Miller ("AWOL on the AT"), I'd like to let him know, since I mention him in the book.
    Have you tried: [email protected]
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Have you tried: [email protected]
    Yes, that works, we connected. Thanks!!

By the way, I have a couple extra "early edition" copies in my house (they have a few minor errors). I'll be happy to mail them out, free of charge, in exchange for an Amazon comment (those things really help). Just send me a postal address. My email is [email protected].

Dang Pete I wish I’d heard this sooner. No matter, I paid full price and it’s still a bargain, I finished it in a day and enjoyed it thoroughly, good job. I’ve hiked most of the Trail excluding NH and Me and I’m not sure if these old bones are up to them, but the dream lives on. Thank you! ��
    "every day's a holiday, every meal a feast"

I read it. It was actually the first ebook I have ever read. It was worth the read IMO. I am now officially NOT a luddite. This lead me to download a bunch more free books through Prime and I am on my 3rd book in less than a week.

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Thanks elray and PP (and anyone else). Glad you enjoyed ED.

Kip thanks you, too.

Thanks elray and PP (and anyone else). Glad you enjoyed ED.

Kip thanks you, too.
    I actually thought Kip (and Kip II) was one of the best parts of the story.

++ New Posts ++