WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Foothills Trail shuttle question

I'm planing on hiking the Foothills Trail the second week in October and am looking for a shuttle to drive me from Table Rock State Park to Oconee State Park. This will be the first time I have used a shuttle and i'm not sure what the normal price is. It's roughly a 1 hr drive. How much would you normally pay a shuttle driver for this? Thanks for the help.

AT 11,000 Miler
    Images

Call Jim Simpson at (864) 431-0447. Most of the Foothills Trail shuttle drivers operate on a donation basis and don't have set fees. This doesn't mean you can under pay them. Pay around $1.50 per mile driven. That's on the low end.

Two years ago I was asked for $60 from one of the folks on the Foothills web page. It is a long drive and I'm sure the person had 2+ hours into it total. I gave a little more as I came to understand that a that money finds itself back into the Foothills foundation. It is a wonderful trail. Enjoy it. Don't underestimate some of the climbs.

I recall paying Jim $60-80 but he also gave me a nice beer can stove he made. Great trail during cooler weather. Me and the pup did it in 3.5 days in April and plan to do it again this winter. Even saw a bear in the C river....great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the trail in June. Shuttled from Oconee to Table Rock. I got a shuttle from Heyward Douglass, who is also on the board (Executive Director) of the group that oversees the trail. He is a great guy and a wealth of information. You can find him on their website alongside a few other shuttle drivers. I believe it was $50 and it is a bit of a drive to make that circuit for any shuttle driver. As others have said, it's a wonderful trail with some very unique features.

++ New Posts ++